Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karenann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Food substitute
    When you are following a recipe and it calls for marsala wine and you don't have any, can you substitute something else for it?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Marsala is basically sweet sherry its just produced in italy rather than spain so you could find a very sweet sherry to substitute but I have to say it may taste a little differently.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by karenann
    When you are following a recipe and it calls for marsala wine and you don't have any, can you substitute something else for it?
    There's really nothing you can sub for Marsala, it's made specifically from white skin/berry grapes and dark red/berry grapes, if you want chicken marsala, that's what you need, if a recipe calls for oranges will you use lemons, cause their both citrus, no cause the flavor is a lot different..

:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pectin Substitute [ 7 Answers ]

I am interested in making jam, but I currently live in Russia. THey do not have pectin here. Is there a substitute for pectin? I want to make Blueberry jam. Thanks.

Wet dog food and dry dog food [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that I should be giving a balance of wet dog food and dry dog food each week and not just dry dog food all the time. He told me that too much dry food can cause constipation. Is this true? Also, which brands are considered low grade dog food?

Gelatin substitute [ 4 Answers ]

I have a recipie that calls for gelatin. However, I am alergic to gelatin. The recipie is for a mousse. Is there anything I can use instead?? Thank you!

View more questions Search