Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alester2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Looking for parts
    I have an old heating/air conditioning unit. I don't know how old the unit is nor what the name of the unit manufacturer is. The Model #: 48 HWC18 and the Serial #: AB27H37829. I believe the company who originally made the furnace was the Johnson Corp. Of Bellevue, OH.

I need a blower motor for my furnace. It will not blow out the hot air when the thermostat is set on "auto." The heat output is very weak on this setting. When set on "fan" the heat is blown out adequately but when the furnace cuts off, the fan continues to blow but the air is much cooler. Please, anyone advise. Thank you.

*** contact info in violation of site rules have been edited out**
    namylcul336 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 11:22 PM
    Is it dual or single fan unit? If dual you need a new motor, if single it could be as simple as a bad thermostat. Call your local heat and air guy for test should only be charged for service call to answer this question. Good luck

Jan 20, 2012, 06:52 AM
    Hi and thanks for your response to "looking for parts." The blower motor is a dual motor (heating/cooling unit)
    It is a very old furnace. Do you know where I can find a replacement? The specs are: Model: 48 HWC18, Serial#: AB27H37829. Company: Johnson Corporation out of Bellevue, OH.

The furnace is working but it takes a long time to come back on after it shuts itself off running in "auto" mode.
    Please advise. Thank you.

Mr Asa Lester

Jan 20, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Looking for parts
    Thanks for your response. The blower motor is a dual (heating/cooling unit). Do you know where I can find one for this old furnace? Once again, the specs: Model#: 48 HWC18, Serial#: AB27H37829. The company: Johnson Corp. From Bellevue, OH. Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Please do not start a new question to add more info, it does not work that way, these are not "blogs" You will need to actually "answer" your own question to add more info to it. I have merged your posts.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 20, 2012, 04:55 PM
    You first need to determine if the motor is the problem. Check the capacitor, and check to see if you are getting correct voltage to the motor (should be roughly 120v when blower is running. If correct voltage, and cap is good then you most likely do need a new motor.

Your best bet in this case will be to take the old motor to a local hvac company or eletrical shop, and have them find you a universal replacement motor that meets the specs of the old motor. Make sure to get a new correctly sized capacitor to match the new motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between parts injected in PVC and parts Injected in ABS? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between parts injected in PVC and parts Injected in ABS. I am interested in the structural properties that can give both materials. Is better to use ABS in injected parts that will be used as structural positions or will be used as a part of an assembly.

Update parts [ 1 Answers ]

I want to update may parts so It could be more powerful an faster so I could plaly games and work on poser and Crarra without it slowing or frezzing up Ya know what I mean. Ya know and add more space to my computer.

Looking for parts [ 5 Answers ]

I've been looking for a fan motor for my dads direct vent wall gas furnace. I can't seem to find one with the same specs the motor has. It is a sears furnace but they said it is no longer available. The name on the motor is universal electric co. it is 115v 60 hz 2.4A 1100/950 rpm 1/20 hp 1/2 dia...

View more questions Search