Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    night1111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 01:35 PM
    Which version of Microsoft word is most used by employers?
    Which version of Microsoft word is most used by employers?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 15, 2012, 02:28 PM
    Office XP is probably still the most used. But Office 2010 is fast overtaking
    amy1accuk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 12:05 PM
    I couldn't agree more - in my line of work I find that most people who have been in business for sometime use XP however, with the new businesses I work with 2010 seems to be the winner - I certainly use 2010.

If you are wanting to keep your knowledge up to date you can download a free trial version which normally lasts for 60 days and should give you plenty of time to check it out and make sure your skills are up to date.

Alternatively, if you use 2010 and are unsure whether this will be too new for your clients who may use older versions of word don't forget that you can work on the document as is and when you come to save it you can change it in the 'file type' section of the dialogue box in order to ensure it's compatibility with some of the older versions.

Hope that helps

Amy
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2012, 06:08 PM
    Be careful some versions are very different and require retraining

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the full name of latest version of Microsoft encarta? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the full name of latest version of Microsoft encarta?

How to set up Microsoft Word on my Acer laptop without using Microsoft packages CD? [ 7 Answers ]

My older sister have a laptop and she said you can upload Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint without using the Microsoft Windows Package CD codes? She couldn't explain it to me.

Converting files from Microsoft Word to Word Perfect 11? [ 3 Answers ]

I use a laptop with Microsoft Word for traveling and my home PC has Word Perfect 11. I have since installed Word Perfect on my laptop. When I try to open a file on my laptop that I created with Word, it says file cannot be located. How can I integrate and have all files on both computers open with...

Lotus word to Microsoft word [ 2 Answers ]

My articles are saved in lotus word format. Can I opened it under Microsoft word or " open office" software? If yes, how do I go about it?

View more questions Search