Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Breo333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Estate filing date
    We expect to receive a K-1 for the sale of property (sold in '11) this year 2012. Does this count as income in '11 or '12?
    Thanks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 16, 2012, 07:10 AM
    It depends what the estate's fiscal year is. The accountant preparing the K-1 on behalf of the estate can tell you whether the income is reportable by you, and if it is - for what calendar year must you report it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does levey date for real estate property in Texas mean? [ 6 Answers ]

I am renting a place and just found out the house has a sale date a minium bid a levey date and a judgement date. I want to know what happens now? I haven't been notified by my landlord of such a problem and was wondering what happens to me and my family as tenants?

Filing a lien from Arizona to Illinois against real estate [ 1 Answers ]

My brother who lives in Illinois has fallen on hard times and is without work. I live in Arizona and have been assisting him financially ($30,000) by using my kids college education money. I would like to file a lien on his property that is currently for sale so I can guarantee my return. He...

Life Estate vs Death Date House Inherited [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and her two sisters inherited their farther's house and no will was left. Their farther remarried after their mother died about 25 years ago. The farther died 12 years ago with no will. The sisters agreed to a life estate with the stepmother until she moved or died. She moved out of the...

Real Estate closing date change [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a law as to say how many times a home closing can be rescheduled before the seller could legally back out. If none of the reschedules are the sellers fault?

View more questions Search