Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krisxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2012, 04:34 PM
    Extra long period
    My periods's been on for about 2-3 weeks. I took birth control mid November (the shot) for the 1st time and I haven't taken ever since. My period came on about the last week of December (2011) and its just starting to go off (january 12 2012). I'm guessing the birth control caused this? Did it? I'm not stressed or anything and I also do vaginal muscle exercises. I'm 16 by the way. And will my period always be this long now every month? (Sort of worrieeedd)
    berta146 Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Feb 1, 2012, 02:49 PM
    Birth contol can mess up your cycle I would advise seeing a doctor if this continues but should pass once the injection if out your system it can take anywhere up to about 3 months if next period is the same see doctor who will provide the pill to put you period back to your normal cycle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extra long cycle. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on my menstrual cycle for 5 days now and it is not letting up and I am gushing. Should I be concerned?

Extra long bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on my period now for 12 days. This has never happened before. The first 5 were heavy w/ a lot of clotting which isn't unusual and then it stopped for a day and has been bleeding again since. When I wipe now its light and watery but has some clear discharge w/ blood running through it....

Extra Late period! [ 1 Answers ]

Earlier this year i had to go to the gyno because i didnt get my period for 2 months so they gave me 10 pills to take and then when my period came i took birth control for 1 month. So i started having a period every month for 4 months These are the days june 13th july 7th august 4th and sept 7th.....

Abnormal period. Twice a month? Extra period? [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I'm Shiner321. Okay so in June I skipped my period. Then I started on July 1st-8th. Then in July I had another period from the 24th- August 2nd. Then I didn't wear a pad for like three days after my period when on the 5th of August I started again. Could something be wrong? Is something wrong...

Extra long periods [ 5 Answers ]

I started my period when I was 11. It was always really heavy, painful, and irregular. About 4 years ago it got to were it was lasting half the month or more wit extreme pain. About 3 years ago I was pregnant (with complications) and had a C-section at the age of 20. After words I expected my...

View more questions Search