Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GameFanatic23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2012, 01:22 PM
    Can I use an HDMI cable with a DVI/HDTV component if I buy an adapter for it
    I have an RCA TV with an DVI/HDTV component and I was wondering if I could get an adapter for it so I can use my HDMI cable. Any suggestions?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Which type of connection is it? DVI or component?

If it is DVI, you can indeed use an HDMI-to-DVI cable or adapter. You just need to make sure that the device you connecting also has some kind of analog audio output so you can also use stereo audio cables, 3.5mm to stereo audio, or some other audio connection. DVI does not support audio, whereas HDMI does. And you also need to make sure the device is outputting at a resolution that your TV will accept.

Makes and models of what you are trying to connect and clarify whether you are talking about DVI or component and I will be able to help you better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up surround sound to HDTV & cable box with one hdmi on receiver [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to hook up my comcast hd cable box , my vizio hdtv and my panasonic sound system using hdmi cables. The sound system has only 1 hdmi connection out. Does this mean I have to use an optical cable somewhere and if so from the cable box to the receiver and then the HDMI from the receiver to the...

Ybpr cables or dvi to hdmi? Or hdmI? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is best, and I would like to know why? I find the more expensive dvi to hdmi is not as high of a quality of 3dimension on my LCD TV from my HD cable box? The picture is clearer but the characters do not jump out the same as when I am using ybpr.

HDMI.VGA.DVI.where do they go and what do they do? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new HP PC and flat screen monitor. The instructions I have did not explain clearly enough to me as I am not computer proficient. Could someone out there explain, in easy to follow instructions, the hookup of the various cables I have and what, specfically, they do? 1. I have one...

Hdtv hookup to hd cable box and dvd recorder w hdmi [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung lcd hd TV and a panasonic dvd recorder/vcr combo. The TV has 2 hdmi in connections and the panasonic dvd recorder has 1 hdmi out. I had them hooked up to cable with no box and recently decided to add hd cable. I received the cable box, a motorola dch3200 with no dvr,but can't...

View more questions Search