Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilbn2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 12:11 PM
    Getting fiance's name on because
    I was wondering my daghter is three years old now and my fiancé has been raising her since she was born. On her birth certificate there is unknown father as well. Can I put my fiancé down as her father? The biological father does not want anything to do with her. He has been in and out of jail her whole life. He gives no attempt to see her at all. What can I do to get my fiancés name on there?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2012, 12:38 PM
    No. A birth certificate is a legal document. Your fiancé is not the father so saying he is would be perjury.

Your fiancé can adopt the child using a step parent adoption. However this requires he be a step parent.

Contact a local Family Law attorney who can tell you the requirements and process for him to adopt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jealous about my fiance's female friends [ 6 Answers ]

At the start, I feel the need to apologise for my English as it is not my first language. Me and my boyfriend got engaged few months ago. We are together for nearly a year, but we are very committed to each other. The problem is, that my fiancŽ has got a very charming and flirtatious personality....

Is my fiance's mom being irrational about holidays? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, So to make a long story short my fiancé and I live in different cities but his family lives in the same city as my family and I. When he's home we spend about 6 nights a week at his moms and one at mine and it's been ridiculous because his mom says she never sees him and mine is hurt...

How to dispose of daughter's ex-fiance's stuff in my garage. [ 7 Answers ]

First time user here. A few months ago, my daughter broke up with her fiancé. She lives with us along with their 16 month old son. Her former fiancé had most of his items in a storage facility that I leased for him in my name. Those items are now cluttering up my house and garage. Since the...

View more questions Search