Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arinteana Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 10:23 PM
    perpendicular lines.
    The lines described by y=(5a-7) and y=1/6x are perpendicular. What is the value of a?
    corrigan Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Jan 13, 2012, 05:06 PM
    arinteana: We aren't going to do your homework. Show me what you've tried, and tell me what you're stuck on, and I'll help you. Also, don't just cut and paste your problems. The first equation of this question doesn't have an x, and therefore can't ever be perpendicular to y= 1/6 x.
    rabidcrayons13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 09:21 PM
    This is actually a question from a summative exam. The x in the first equation is supposed to be after the 2nd parenthesis.
    lato1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 02:57 AM
    You have to be able to remember the conditions for perpendicular lines . Hint try finding out how their slopes are related and you are on the right track

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Linear equations, perpendicular vs parallel lines [ 4 Answers ]

If you are given two linear equations, how will you say that two lines they represent are parallel or perpendicular to each other.

Are the lines parallel, perpendicular, or neither? [ 2 Answers ]

5x + 4y = 7 4x - 5y = 5 I think the lines are neither. Just want to double check. Thanks, Cooper

Writing equations of perpendicular lines [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write an equation of a line that is perpendicular to y=-3 + 5 and passes through (4,3)?

Writiing equations with perpendicular lines [ 2 Answers ]

I don't understand how to write an equation with a perpendicular line. The book does not have an example. Write and equation of aline through (4, 5) that is perpendicular to y=1/2x & 3. I have been doing equations when there are two sets of ordered pairs. This only has 1. Please help....

View more questions Search