Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arinteana Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 10:03 PM
    Word problem algebra!
    Mai and Juan bike up a hill. Each has a different pace. The run for Mai's pace is 21 inches, and the rise is 7 inches. The run for Juan's pace is 32 inches. What is the rise of Juan's pace? If necessary, round your answer to the nearest tenth of an inch.
    Jazah1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Feb 6, 2012, 12:13 PM
    I believe Juan's rise is 8 because 32 divided by 3=8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Algebra word problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have to solve a word problem using a method called HES (Heading, Equation, Solution). In the problem, there are 2 unknowns and we have to have 2 equations so that we can either use substitution or elimination. I have to let x=?(something) y=? (something) The word problems is as...

Algebra word problem, test review.. Really confused, can you help me figure out? [ 3 Answers ]

What do I have to do to solve the problem? Kaylee is painting a design on the floor of a recreation room using equilateral triangles. She begins by painting the outline of Triangle 1 measuring 64 inches on a side. Next, she paints the outline of Triangle 2 inside the first triangle. The side...

Algebra 2 word problem [ 1 Answers ]

With a tailwind, a helicopter traveled 600 miles in 3 hrs. Flying against the wind on the return it took 4hrs to travel 1000 miles. Find the rate of the tail wind and the rate of the head wind.

Algebra word problem help? [ 1 Answers ]

The tens digit of a number is 3 less than the units digit. If the number is divided by the sum of the digits, the quotient is 4 and the remainder is 3. What is the original number?

Word Algebra [ 1 Answers ]

On Monday a computer manufacturing company sent out 3 shipments. First Order is for $114,000 4 model II, 6 model VI, 10 model IX computers Second Order is for $72,000 8 model II, 3 model VI, 5 model IX Third order is for $81,000 2 model II, 9 model VI, 5 model IX What does the...

View more questions Search