Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apotheek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 06:21 PM
    EtG Elimination
    I know there are many variables concerning EtG elimination, but would it be safe to say that, no matter the quantity consumed, all EtG would be gone after 100 hours after BAC reaches zero?

Thank You
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2012, 06:28 PM
    EtG is seldom detected at 100 hours even in heavy consumption episodes. After reaching BAC=0? None.

Is there a point beyond which EtG cannot be detected regardless of amount of EtOH consumed? No.

After BAC=0? No.

Your question assumes scientific constants; 1) rate of EtG production and 2) rate of EtG elimination. Both unknown.
    Apotheek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 06:45 PM
    Thanks Dr. Bill. Please let me ask my question in a clearer way. One bottle of wine on Monday, two on Tuesday. I have an EtG test Wed. the 18th. I estimated BAC reaching zero by noon Thursday, leaving about 144 hours to test. I used the 100 hour question because I have read some of your replies to people and assumed that after 100 hours one would e pretty safe. Your opinion in this case please? Thank you in advance.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2012, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Apotheek View Post
    One bottle of wine on Monday, two on Tuesday. I have an EtG test Wed. the 18th. I estimated BAC reaching zero by noon thursday, leaving about 144 hours to test.... Your opinion in this case please? Thank you in advance.
    Accepting your 144 hour figure, then cutting it in half, your drinking is unlikely to be detected.

Is 100 hours (after BAC=0) a safe interval regardless of amount consumed? I believe it is. To my knowledge there are no tests at or near that level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DrBill100 - EtG really so overhyped? Now baffled: lab says 3 drinks=20-24hrs. EtG? [ 7 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, I have been researching both the validity and dangers of false positives and negatives of this test as it is used for criminal, employment, and child custody reasons. In addition to the variant cut-offs, incidental exposures, etc. I am flabbergasted by the amount of conflicting info out...

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

Elimination [ 4 Answers ]

3x - 4y = 16 5x = 6y = 14

Elimination [ 1 Answers ]

2x-y=7 3x+y=8

View more questions Search