Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Usb flash drive doesn't work
    I have a kingston flash drive. When I plug in the usb drive my computer detects it but when I click at the drive to open it I get an error Please insert disk into drive H.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 13, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Try connecting the flash drive to a usb port on the back of the motherboard. On some systems, the front USB ports do not always supply enough power.
    danish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Thank you for trying to answer but I am using a laptop and I tried in two gateway laptop with the same configuations and hardware but it didn't work. Besides I also tried giving a unique drive in Disk management. But still it is not working.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 14, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Try in on a desktop PC. If it works, it should determine which is the problem, the laptop or the usb flash drive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

USB Flash Card Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, bought a Flash card/Memory stick for my daughter several months ago for school. Plugged it in and worked fine. Now I plug it in and my computer can't find it, my wife's computer can't find it, whilst various other computers can. i.e. school computers will. My USB ports work fine.ie...

PC no longer recognises Imation USB 2.0 Flash Drive [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ALL My Imation USB 2.0 Flash Drive used to work on my PC but now it does not. It works on other PC's and my laptop but not on my home PC. When I plug it in the message "USB device Not Recognised" appears with the message One of the USB devices attached to your computer has malfunctioned...

USB flash drive problems in windows XP [ 4 Answers ]

Hii, Whenever I plugin any kind of usb flash drive to my gateway profile 5 machines running windows xp(sp2) the computer reboots automatically before detecting the drive. I think this problem started after installing sp2 in my machine. This problem is really frustating. Any kind of help or...

View more questions Search