Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carmex22000 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Lighting By The Touch
    I Have A Lamp That Can Be Touched Three Times To Get Different Levels Of Light. It Won't Come On By The Touch Anymore. Is There A Way I Can Fix It Myself? If So, Please Give Me Instructions On What I Need To Do To Fix It.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2007, 04:07 AM
    The best you can do is to check that the cord into the lamp is not damaged. The actual touch control is a capacitive sensor device that is a small electronic circuit board you will find inside the lamp, usually hidden in the base, where the power cord will terminate at.

If you can find the sensor board, and can identify the make and model, you may be able to find a replacement. My opinion is that all the trouble you go through trying to find the parts will not be worth the effort, unless thus lamp is special for some reason. Perhaps there is an appliance repair shop in your area that repairs these types of lamps.
    Hugg Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carmex22000
    I Have A Lamp That Can Be Touched Three Times To Get Different Levels Of Light. It Won't Come On By The Touch Anymore. Is There A Way I Can Fix It Myself? If So, Please Give Me Instructions On What I Need To Do To Fix It.
    You have to buy a touch dimmer in any lighting store and replace it. It has an instruction how to wire it.
    Hugg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toe touch [ 10 Answers ]

?? I need a lot of help to get my toe touch higher and more straight? Can some one please help me know? I want to make it on the high school team!

Touch screen [ 2 Answers ]

What is the advantages and disadvantages of touch screen technology?- Thanks:)

Why does he touch his self all the time [ 14 Answers ]

A guy I work with always touches his crotch , every time I talk to him And want to why ? Does he fancy me ? Does he think about me sexual ? Has he got crabs ? I love to know... without asking him!

Hubby's ex still keeps in touch [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have been newly married for six months now, and, we've been together for six years prior. I have since met his family and friends, one particular friend who happens to be an ex-girlfriend and close friend of his family. They have remained friends throughout the years, and she and...

An Ex back in touch! [ 23 Answers ]

I was seeing a guy last year on and off for about 7 months. His name is Marc and I have known him since I was 11yrs old. We went to school together and used to hang out a lot as we were good friends. When we were seeing each other I found out he had many other girls on the go, so when he went...

View more questions Search