Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uncleralph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2012, 05:13 PM
    How does water flow into spout when the spout is moved right and left?
    Does the hole in the valve where water comes into the spout move when I turn the spout left and right? If not how does water get into the spout?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 10, 2012, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does the hole in the valve where water comes into the spout move when I turn the spout left and right?
    No! As you can see by the image while the spout has a hole the valve body has a slot that feeds the spout. Cheers, Tom
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
    That hole is a port, usually in a cartridge and it does not move. The cartridge releases water into a chamber that rotates with the spout. In the case of a two handles faucet the water mixes in a connecting chamber between the knobs and flows down the spout which swivels on the chamber

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced seats, stem assembly, and the spout and still leaking from back of spout [ 2 Answers ]

We replaced the seats, stem assembly, and spout and our tub is still leaking from back of spout. It only leaks when the handles are turned on. It leaks with both the hot and cold, when just the hot is on, and when just the cold is on. If everything is shut off, it stops. What could be the problem...

I have a GEside by side refrigerator. Water stopped flowing from spout. Tap water bad [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE side by side (5 yrs old) Mod #GSS22SGRE SS and the water spouts been working fine until 4 days ago. It just stopped and hasn't worked since. When I ask for ice, great, but when I ask for water, nothing. I've changed the filter cause that's what the guy at Lowe's told me it was and still...

Water flow from tub spout and shower head why? [ 5 Answers ]

I replaced the packing on the diverter.. however, when I turn the water on to a full flow hot or cold it comes out of the tub spout and the shower head. Also when I turn the diverter on to run the shower with hot and cold water the cold water takes over like the hot water isn't even on. It is a 3...

Spout Flange for Price Pfister Shower Spout [ 4 Answers ]

Checking to see if they sell the Spout Flange separately for the Pfister Shower Diverter Spout. I have the spout and it is in great condition. Dalton.

Water from tub spout [ 2 Answers ]

Water is coming from spout when shower is on, I replaced the spout

View more questions Search