Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    astha2785 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 09:17 PM
    How to convince parents for marriage.
    I am in relationship past 7 yrs now, somehow I convinced my parents long back... But unfortunately the guy is unable to convince his parents, because he was confident enough that his parents would agree as they themselves did love marriage.. so it been past 5 yrs he is trying to convince but in vain.The weirdest part is their parents know everything about me, I often use to visit his home but still they just use to say NO... And never ever tried to gave any valid reason just a big NO... Sometimes his parents use to ignore the discussion and leave.
    Now it's really difficult for both of us to start a fresh life after so many years... Can anybody suggest what cab be done?
    nanuchini Posts: 39, Reputation: -6

Feb 6, 2012, 08:43 PM
    If his parents control so much of his life dump him.
    love_him_alot Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 07:48 AM
    If your parents agree and the guy agree whom you want to marry than you can marry him... after some year of your marriage his parents will be agree definitely... 7 yrs relationship is a long time... never leave your guy alone... one day parents will be agree
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2012, 08:50 AM
    I will assume you are in a culture where parents normally arrange marriages.

I feel the first two posters are children perhaps that do not understand culture and the rites of other nations.

So he is not willing to go against his parents wishes and marry you ?

If not and they will not agree, you have no choice, you either never marry and just date till perhaps his parents die or until they change their mind
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2012, 08:50 AM
    I will assume you are in a culture where parents normally arrange marriages.

I feel the first two posters are children perhaps that do not understand culture and the rites of other nations.

So he is not willing to go against his parents wishes and marry you ?

If not and they will not agree, you have no choice, you either never marry and just date till perhaps his parents die or until they change their mind

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I convince my parents for an intercaste marriage? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a south indian Brahmin girl In love with a Maharashtrian Guy. We both Love each other a lot and I am ready to go against my parents wishes. His parents have accepted me as their daughter in law but I am having really a tough time to convince my family as they are very conservative and strict....

How to convince parents for intercast marriage? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, This is very first posting on any social networking site on my personal issue, but I have decided to go for this as I was very much upset with the kind of situation which is building around me. I am in a serious relationship with a girl for last 5years and she is not from my cast (she is...

How to convince parents for love marriage? [ 1 Answers ]

Hiiii. I have tried a lot to convience my parents bt they are against my boyfriend because of caste difference. My brother thnks that he is d one who have distracted me and made me against them. I have tried 2 convienced him also. I told him its impossible for me 2 accept anyothr guy but every time...

How to convince parents for love marriage? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am a Brahman girl. I love a Brahman guy but of different sub sect in Brahmin's. My parents never agree with me. Please help me solve this.

View more questions Search