Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FutureSoilder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 06:47 PM
    Fort Jackson SC
    I will be leaving for basic training to fort Jackson sc in April has any one been there and can give any tips or pointers.

Thank you
    Triysle Posts: 245, Reputation: 84

Apr 28, 2012, 07:44 PM
    I went to ft Jackson for basic back in 2005. Now serving as inactive ready reserves. Best advice I can give you is what my uncle told me - mouth shut, ears open.

Ft Jackson is where the drill sergeant school is located. It has a rep for being "easier" because females train alongside males. That mentality is complete BS.

It's going to suck sometimes but you'll come out of it in the best shape of your life both mentally and physically. Just don't ever give up on yourself or your squadmates.

Good luck and thanks for your service
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2012, 07:52 PM
    I will agree, you will be treated bad, they will make you do things that make no sense, You do what you are told, the way you are told, expect to be told it was done wrong, you don't talk back.

Shoes polished, clothes neat, and things done properly. Don't expect much time to do anything personal for a bit, but remember, this only seems like hell, you do get out and will respect them for what they have done.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2012, 07:52 PM
    I will agree, you will be treated bad, they will make you do things that make no sense, You do what you are told, the way you are told, expect to be told it was done wrong, you don't talk back.

Shoes polished, clothes neat, and things done properly. Don't expect much time to do anything personal for a bit, but remember, this only seems like hell, you do get out and will respect them for what they have done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plans of Fort Morgan [ 3 Answers ]

Maybe this should be more of a history question, but as a longtime historical wargamer/miniature collector, an area of interest I am developing for our club is American Civil War naval wargaming. The ship scale I am using is 1:600. Short of visiting Fort Morgan, located at the mouth of Mobile Bay,...

Need New HVAC Fort Worth, TX! [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend a reputable HVAC company in Fort Worth, TX. That can actually do a heat load calculation etc..

Went to Fort Woof [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone! Well we went to Ft. Woof, an off leash dog park, on Sunday and had a BLAST! Brandy is 6 months and Abram is 7 months, it was their first time at a dog park. With what I went through with Ruby passing away from parvo, I wanted to wait until at least 6 months before going to a place like...

View more questions Search