Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lissag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 04:48 PM
    Blinkiing power supply light?
    I have a Dell Vostros 220 and the cps seems to have burnt up (lots of winds and voltage changes in our neighborhood - and yes I use a power surge proctor)so I bought and installed a new cps and now the light in the back blinks green and there is no noise/fans when I try to power up. Does the cpu need to be hooked up to the monitor in order to boot up?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 22, 2012, 02:46 PM
    The monitor does need to be hooked up, although it makes it easier to see if the machine is actually booting.

Please clarify whether it was the power supply or the CPU (processor) that was replaced.
    aymantn Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 12:38 PM
    Power supply repair tips:
    http://www.smpstroubleshooting.com/
    aymantn Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 02:35 PM
    These are some basic techniques to troubleshoot TV power supply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Wire Two Light Switches With 2 lights with One Power Supply diagram [ 26 Answers ]

I want to wire 1 way switch, 1 dimmer switch with 2 individual lights from one powe source. Thank, frank

What does the blinking light on power supply mean? [ 9 Answers ]

I need help!! I have this computer that I have had for a long time now that worked perfectly until now I unplugged the computer ( relocating it to a different room) and when I got to the new room it wasn't working anymore I would press the power button and nothing but then I realized that there...

Power supply issues Apple Power Mac G4 dual 1.25 MDD [ 4 Answers ]

I disconnected the power cord on a G4 MDD dual 1.25 to reset the firewire ports and now the unit will not power on. When I push the power button it flashes on for a sec and then nothing happens. I tried doing a SMU reset and a different power cord to no avail. I have had this unit for about 6-7...

16V ~1000ma power supply to power an aplliance that requires a 14V ~800ma help? [ 3 Answers ]

Can I use 16V ~1000ma power supply to power an aplliance that requires a 14V ~800ma power supply nomally? I have been told that it should be possible and not create any problems. Please help the lead I require will not be here in time and I need something to do the job immidieately! Thank you for...

My 220 watt mackie power supply kept on blowing fuses were you plug in the power cord [ 2 Answers ]

My 220 watt mackie power supply kept on blowing fuses were you plug in the power cord.

View more questions Search