Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sportscarclinic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Rheem Classic 90, inducer runs, but no spark. No codes, ~70v DC at spark generator.
    Pressure switch is closing, I tested it for continuity at the control board. No codes, but FLM light flickers rapidly. Also gas valve does not appear to be opening for pilot--perhaps waiting to detect a spark? Held a grounded lead close to high voltage terminal on spark generator, no spark there either. Multimeter shows about 70v DC across primary AND secondary windings of spark generator while FLM light flickers, less than one volt AC indicated across either winding. Desoldered generator, continuity across primary winding, secondary shows high resistance, but not open.

Check out some similar questions!

Generator Spark Plug: No Fire. Why? [ 42 Answers ]

It will only fire when the paddle of the kill switch is disconnected. Does that mean that the coil is bad? What is causing that? Homelite RE440 with a B & S 197417 motor with electric start. It was abused by my stepfather and I thought I'd try to make it run again. Many thanks, Jennings3

IP Pilot flame does not ignite with new spark generator [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier gas Furnace, (intermittent pilot) where this type LH33WZ503 of igniter is recommended: Carrier LH33WZ503 Spark Ignitor - eBay (item 120503371417 end time Jan-06-10 09:44:05 PST) eBay The specs say: 24VAC, 8mA. Accidentally, I have ordered this one: Product Group...

1994 Caprice Classic Spark Plug Wires order [ 0 Answers ]

Hey, Im replacing the spark plug wires on my caprice classic and a buddy was helping me out. Well long story short he pulled off all the distributer wire sides on the passenger side at once and now Im stuck wondering which plug plugs wires go where, I know the eighth plug goes to the bottom... any...

Where is the spark plug on my Powermate Generator? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Powermate Proforce PM0102500 gas generator but the manual doesn't show me where I can find the spark plug to see if it's connected or not ! HELP !:mad:

Spark Plug for Coleman/B&S 8 hp Generator [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend who does not have access to the Internet. He has an 8 hp Coleman generator with a Briggs & Stratton engine. 54 series. Model #514000. S/N - 66693910. V 120/240. Amps - 33.3/16.7. Hz - 60. He'd like to purchase an extra spark plug but no...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.