Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cornerways Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 10:48 PM
    I need advice on my relationship and an idea of where it is going.
    Hi, I've been dating a woman for around one and a half years. Every thing was perfect, it was like a dream. We loved each other, did fun things, and so on. Just recently she got a Xmas job. It was a full time but a temp job, but also she is in full time studying.

One day out of the blue she started acting funny saying she wants time away from me and needs to feel like she misses me. Now we only meet once a week and that's for 2 to 3 hours and we speak on the phone 1 to 2 hours every night. I found out her friends have been telling her we need time apart, but after I told them the time we spend together even they were shocked saying that's not enough.

But because they have told her that, she's basically kept that on her mind, and isn't giving in. This makes us argue, and now she says she don't see a future together. I've never hit her, or hurt her in anyway, or given her a reason to leave. She don't let me hug or kiss her, well she don't like me touching her or meeting her. But she sees me when ever she wants, and touches and hugs me when ever she wants.

Any advice on what's going wrong, or how to fix this? Thank you
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2012, 12:35 PM
    Let her miss you then, as arguing instead of discussing is no way to resolve anything.

Wonder what she was telling her friends? Obviously it was different than what she was doing with you! That's NO good.
    boywonder55 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2012, 09:28 PM
    I'd say find something to fill the time... I've learned the minute you show her that her friends bother you then it'll be the end in due time. I'd ask if there were activities that could involve you and her friends but don't sound intruding.

I have dealt with friend interference in my relationships before... best advice I could say is let her go but make yourself available. She will decide where she wants to be and if her friends have that much influence in her decision making then she's not the one for a long term relationship. Do this as long as you feel happy, if you don't then you got to go and find something that does!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need relationship advice! [ 6 Answers ]

I feel stuck... I met my girlfriend almost 5 years ago and she has cystic fibrosis. I have taking care of her for 3 of the years we have been together until she had a double lung transplant last year. The problem is that she is very controlling, jealous, and when I talk to her about how I feel she...

Relationship advice [ 53 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been arguing a lot. He tells me we have chemistry and he has no illiusion about finding someone else like me. However, he compares our relationship to a rollercoaster that has left him drained. He asked for space, a break then suggested maybe we should see other people. Of...

I need some relationship advice [ 9 Answers ]

I think my husband cheated on me while in training before a deployment. He never gives me straight answers about the situations.. there were two girls one that he still works with today and another that isn't here but I found out he called a few times and lied to me about. Its been almost 6...

Commitment phobic in intense relationship.No idea what to do [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had massive fear of really committing to someone and letting them in, I have been very attracted to people but as soon as I find out they feel the same and want a relationship I've backed off, shut down and found some excuse to get out of it. (this commitment issue doesn't make me...

Need relationship advice [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend broke up about a month ago. We were very much in love with each other. She went to College and we were still togeather. That's how much we meant to each other. She goes to college three hours away from me and I usually would go see her every other weekend and she would come see...

View more questions Search