Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    microconomi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 07:35 AM
    Economic profits, monopoly question
    Time Jeans, Co located in London, is a private producer of fashion
    Jeans and clothing. John Time, founder and general manager, has recently announced his
    Retirement. Your company, a potential entrant into the market for jeans, wants to evaluate the shortand
    Long-run potential of this market. Based on data gathered from your company's research
    Department, customer surveys, trade associations, and other sources, the following market demand and
    Cost information has been developed:

P = $5400 - $1.5Q,
    MR = $5400 - $3Q,
    TC = $400Q $0.5Q2
    MC = $400 $1Q,

Where P is price, Q is units measured by the number of pairs of jeans, MR is marginal revenue, TC is
    Total costs including a normal rate of return, MC is marginal cost.

A) Assume that these demand and cost data are descriptive of Time's operations
    Calculate output, price, and economic profits earned by Time Jeans.

Check out some similar questions!

What is difference between Economic Shock and Economic Stress? [ 0 Answers ]

In macro economic literature I saw both terms "economic shock' and "economic stress" but I don't know what is their difference exactly! Any help with reference regard to my question, please!

Convering non profits to for profits [ 4 Answers ]

Will converting your organization from Non profit status to for profit status actually cost you more in taxs than you will gain in access?

Monopoly maximizing profits [ 2 Answers ]

If a monopoly is attemping to maximize profits, will they maximize their revenues or profit per unit?

What is Monopoly [ 2 Answers ]

What is monopoly? Is it possible that a monopolist charges any price for a product? Give reasons for your answer.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.