Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbaileyy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 08:53 PM
    Fingerprint clearance card denied.. HELP!
    I recently applied for a fingerprint clearance card and was denied because of an marijuana arrest that occurred almost 5 years ago. I was never convicted, never had a court hearing, wasn't even given any paperwork. I was questioned, fingerprinted, then the cop let me leave the station. I believe the card got denied because dps couldn't find a conclusion to the arrest, whether it had been dismissed or if I'm awaiting trial. Any advise on what I should do to clear this up?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2012, 09:05 PM
    Ok who is DPS, what is the background search for ?

Knowing what you are trying to do, will help with advice on what you need to do.
    dbaileyy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 09:46 PM
    DPS is the department of public safety, they run the backround check. I am trying to get a behavioral heath job working with children. It requires a level one fingerprint clearance card.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2012, 06:33 AM
    Hello d:

I'd hire a lawyer. The cops won't help you.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2012, 08:28 AM
    On the application did it ask you if you were ever arrested ?

If so how did you answer. You need to talk to the HR for the agency you were going to work for.

The police do not approve or fail, they merely supply a copy of a report to the agency

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ofcs in ny fingerprint clearance for adoption? [ 2 Answers ]

How can my fingerprint clearance be sent to my social worker or attorney who is in Florida?

Can a Green-Card holder be denied Citizenship? [ 3 Answers ]

My wife has a Green Card and planning to get her Citizenship eventually because we are married. If we get divorced while she has her Green Card, does this mean she will be denied her citizenship? (Her application for Citizenship is based on us being married; not through her employer.)

Can I be denied a green card in the US if I am a Canadian with an arrest in Canada? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a canadian in the US on a K1 fiancée Visa. I have had a minor theft charge and arrest in Canada. I was released and completed an alternative measures program. I did about 3 weeks of Community Service, wrote a letter of apology and wrote an essay recognizing what I did was wrong. To my...

Fingerprint clearance card [ 1 Answers ]

I had a conviction in one state over 20 years ago, I now live in a different state and want to obtain a fingerprint clearance card. What is the probability that my fingerprints will show up?

Fingerprint logon [ 2 Answers ]

Hey'all I'm curious : the IBM laptops T60- is there a way to gain access to it when fingerprint is activated ? It has only that account on ! Anyway even its strippping the machine. Thanks !

View more questions Search