Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amberhun Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Ovulating on different sides
    How can I determine which side I'm ovulating on? I only have one good tube and need to get pregnant on that side. Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2007, 10:59 AM
    I believe you would be ovulating from the good tube if you only have one. Which one did your doc say was bad and why?

Feb 13, 2007, 11:07 AM
    I have one blocked tube which caused me to have an ectopic pregnancy on that side, he told me I need to get pregnant on the right side.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2007, 11:09 AM
    There is no way to make yourself get pregnant on one side or the other. Now if your left is totally blocked, that would prevent you from getting pregnant on that side as the egg will not go through that particular tube.

I hope this makes at least a little sense.

Feb 13, 2007, 11:39 AM
    I had an x-ray done where he shot die into the tube and it stopped halfway due to the blockage. It does make sense that the sperm should not be able to meet the egg on the side blockage, maybe it's not completely blocked, but he said that it was the most likely cause of the ectopic pregnancy which I had removed from that tube prior to the x-ray.
    I just read that an ultrasound can tell which side you are ovulating on, but my question now is by time you have the ultrasound done, will your egg still be able to get fertilized? Can the ultrasound see where you're going to ovulate before you actually ovulate. I know there is only a 12-24 hr period during the time of ovulation when you can actually get pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not ovulating and have appointment [ 2 Answers ]

I have not ovulated for 3 months, at least that is what the tests said if I have read them right. I have an appointment in the middle of Feb with OBGYN. What can I expect her to do or say?

Ovulating pains [ 3 Answers ]

My last question related to the change in my period now that I'm trying to get pregnant. I'm not sure if this is normal but I have had my period on the 19th of march which was 2 days late. I have read stuff that says you ovulate 12 - 14 days after your period, which would be around the 30th. It is...

Squaring both sides twice [ 3 Answers ]

Here's a problem I am having troubles with. _ ____ √x + √x – 5 = 5 Can someone help show me how to solve this? Thanks, B

Why are the buttons on men's and women's shirts on different sides? [ 1 Answers ]

Would anyone happen to know why men's and women's shirts are on different sides? I am quite curious. Thanks. Brian.

View more questions Search