Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franciecrabb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 02:48 PM
    19th Century Sea Chest
    Hello,
    I have a painted sea chest with a picture, and name of the sailing ship "Wenona", dated 1882. On the front, painted inside a banner is "Nova Scotia". The interior of the chest is not painted, the exterior is entirely painted. The chest has cast iron around the lid, grab handles on the side and a clasp to the front. The painting on the lid seems to have the initials "E.are II", though it's quite elaborate and hard to tell.
    I'm wondering if this is perhaps an original Wenona sea-chest, or a reproduction. Any help or information would be hugely appreciated.
    Thank you so much for your help,
    Fran.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm looking for artist of my 2 19th Century watercolor paintings of native Americans. [ 2 Answers ]

I bought these at a small auction house in the UK and paid quite a lot for them. The chief is "Hole in the Day" of the Objiwa, (Chipewa). He was quite famous for championing the rights of his people but was eventually assinated in very shady circumstances. He was also a handsome and charming man...

Strange use of ____ in 18th/19th Century literature [ 3 Answers ]

It's nothing important but I thought last night when I read another instance of it "I wonder why they do that?" and as it's pretty hard to know what search term to use... I've noticed before in 18th and 19th Century literature, that there's a strong use of ________ instead of people/place...

Life for a rich person in 19th century [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what life would be like for someone wealthy living in New York during the 19th century, the more detail the better! Please and thank you :)

Mexican American in the Southwest 19th century [ 2 Answers ]

What changes took place in the southwest during the 19th century?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.