Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sisterlulu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 12:05 PM
    How to clear my mind of death?
    For the past week or so my thouggt s have been full of death. It's on my mind constantly. I have appreciated everything I have done, lived in the moment and taken everything in that's good, I have played games with family or friends and have read or even watched a good movie. None of those really work. What seems to bother me about the idea of death is that it's like a sleeping state, you don't know anything, no sense of the surroundings, not being able to think anything, your mind is thinking of nothing, you know nothing. These thoughts of death have consumed me and I don't know how to get rid of it and not feel this way. Thoughts have come to mind before but I basically had a breakdown and cry and then the thoughts didn't come back for awhile. This time however, the thoughts have stayed. When death has come to mind before, I clearly got upset. So with these thoughts in my head all day everyday, I am upset all the time and crying a lot. I know this isn't,t good. I can't even watch TV the same way anymore without someone dying or reading an article in the newspaper about something that happened a long time ago or people joking about the World coming to an end. I am an 18 year old female and have seen a psychiatrist twice for anxiety problems due to around eating with other people. I have another appointment in about 2weeks, should I bring this up? Does anyone know anything to help me at all? Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 7, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Of course, bring it up with your therapist!!

Now, volunteer several times a week at a hospital, library, animal shelter, nursing home, school, church.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death Certificate - Cause of Death Recorded Incorrectly [ 8 Answers ]

Is it common practice to write down on the death certificates the wrong reason for cause of death? And if so, why do doctors do that? This happen to my dad a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks in advance, Scott

My boyfriend wants to clear his mind [ 3 Answers ]

January 30th would have been our 3rd month.. I really love him with all my heart. He was dateing a girl before me for 1 year and they broke up back in April. He told me he was completely over her and that he loved me... we had sex 3 times and I feel that got us even closer. So this past week is...

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

View more questions Search