Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kappa821 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Is it worth working in New York City
    All right lets see if someone can make the decision for me since I have no clue it its worth it or not.

I am 23 Electrical Engineering degree with EIT and work in New Jersey for a consulting firm making 55

I have a job offer to work in New York city for 65, it's the same kind of work

Is the extra 10 g's worth it for the extra commute.

Also is 65 a good offer to work in the city for this type of position if anyone know
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 13, 2007, 11:24 AM
    You need to look beyond the salary increase.

Will you have better exposure in NYC vice NJ and be able to advance faster?

Will the higher tax rate in NYC and commuting expenses offset the salary increase?

Do I like where I am currently working? Do I have a future with this company?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes: Living in New York City but working in New Jersey [ 7 Answers ]

I live in New York City but work in New Jersey. I'm married no children. I'd like to find out about what are my taxes for New York City and New York State? Also, any advise for me for the next tax year on what to withhold from my employer? Thank you.

New York City First-timer! Scared! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, I'm going to NYC at the end of next month and I have a few queries because I'm practically going on my own (going with a friend but we've decided a lot of the time will be spent doing our own thing). I was wondering if anybody has any tips! Anything from how to stay safe, to where to...

New York City swimming lessons for babies [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a horrable experience. My 15 month old son almost drowned about half an hour ago but thank God he is okay! I don't know how I would have ever forgave myself if something would have happened to him. He didn't swallow much water but I don't want to take any more risks so I am now...

New York City Income Tax [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is a resident of and attends college in Wisconsin. During the summer she had a paid internship in New York City. I believe she is considered a non-resident for NT state income tax purposes. But what about for the New York City income tax? She subleased an apartment on Avenue A for three...

New York City Tax for E2 visa [ 1 Answers ]

I am a foreigner with E1 visa residing in Queens, NY since April 2006. I am currently working in Manhatan. Do I have to pay the full New York City Tax? Thank you very much.

View more questions Search