Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blank101 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Conception calendars?
    Hey. I'm 19 yrs of age. My last period was December 19 2011. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend December 26 2011.. I then had protected sex wit a friend December 30 2011.. I'm confused with this conception caculator ( I'm not sure what it means. ) I know you can't tell me exactly who's my baby father but I'm sure sonebody can help :) PLEASEEEE WRITE ME BAK ASAP WITH AN GOID ANSWER..
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2012, 10:05 AM
    Hi Blank101,

With just a 4 day difference it really is impossible to tell.

The calendars will take the date of your last period, possibly the length of your cycle, and give you an estimation of when you would have likely ovulated and thus when you likely conceived. The problem with conception calendars is that they can only go by averages. However, the average time frame most women will ovulate in a cycle will not apply to all women. Some women will naturally ovulate sooner or later than the norm.

With the calendar, it may appear that the friend is more likely to be the father, but if you ovulated sooner that may not be the case. It may also be that enough of your boyfriend's sperm survived longer than the norm... which can happen.

Since few women know exactly when they ovulate, your odds can be greater that the father is your boyfriend only because the sex was unprotected. I am guessing that a condom was used with your friend? Was there any penetration at all prior to the condom being put on? Was there any penetration after the condom was removed? Either of these would diminish the effectiveness of protection.

Since birth control, even when used correctly, is not 100% effective, the only way you will be able to know for certain is with DNA testing once baby is born.

I'm sorry that a more definite answer can not be given.

Jan 7, 2012, 09:55 PM
    Blank101 thank :)) that helped a lot ! My friend & I did use protection at 1stn then he too it off but HE PULLED OUT HE nutted. But I have another question. If I had sex on th 26 of December & I ovulated on January 2 , there no chance my boyfrend is the baby father ? & another.. my mom said she had a dream about fish , does thar mean its me who's pregnant?

PLEASEE RIGHT ME BAK AGAIN :)
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2012, 07:51 AM
    I wasn't even thinking about today's date. So best to wait and see if you are indeed pregnant before you worry too much about who the father might be.

If it turns out that you are pregnant, it really could go either way. Most sperm live for only about 2-3 days, but some may live up to 5-7 days. So that would be enough time for your boyfriend's sperm to do the job.

It may also be that you ovulated a few days before what the calendar states. This is not uncommon at all. If that were the case, then your boyfriend would have a very good chance at being the father.

From what you describe, it sounds as though your friend started with a condom on, removed it and re-entered, but then pulled out to ejaculate. Is this correct? Was he inside you prior to pulling out without a condom on? If so, that may increase the possibility that he would be the father.

Again, odds are greater that your boyfriend would be the father, but you would need to do a DNA test to know for sure.

As for the fish dream... it can be open to interpretation. For example, some people believe things in dreams have a specific meaning, some believe they are a mix of what has been on our minds lately, what we have experienced, or even seen on TV recently. Try not to read anything into the fish and pregnancy... you will find several different opinions on what dreaming of fish might represent.

See what happens when your next period would be due. You may not have to worry about this at all. If it turns out that you are not pregnant, hopefully you will think carefully about getting involved with your friend again. If you don't want to be pregnant, be sure to use two forms of birth control if you want to lessen the chance of having to be worried about an unplanned pregnancy. If you are trying to become pregnant, show your boyfriend respect and stick to one man. Makes life so much easier for everyone involved.

Good luck... hope it turns out how you would like it to!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2012, 08:12 AM
    There is no way at all to know who the father could be until the baby is born and there is a DNA test. I am sorry anything else is a wild guess. The sex was just too close together.

Jan 8, 2012, 02:09 PM
    @ DoulaLC : thankx :) you havee been a big help too me ! I'm taking a test later this week to see if I am.. I'm really prayin I am & that my bbys father is my boyfrend. I made a big mistake & I hope god doesn't punish me fa it. . THANKS AGAIN...

&& yes we started with a rubber but he took it off at the end. He pulled out when he ejaculated though. ( I know this cause it was all on my back ). I have an app on my phone that says I ovulated on the 2nd. Is there any chance MY DAYS app could be wrong ?
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2012, 03:49 PM
    Certainly the app can be wrong. The conception calendars go by the average time women tend to ovulate. You will often see them show a date that is around 14 days after a period started. A rough guide is that you will ovulate about 12-16 days before the next period is due. While some women will ovulate at that time, others will not. Even a couple of days can make all the difference.

It is also possible for ovulation to be slightly off once in awhile where you might usually ovulate on a certain day but do so earlier or later one cycle.

The calendars have to start somewhere so they go with the average.

Pregnancy tests tend to be more accurate once you have already missed a period, so taking it later this week may be too early. It is possible to get a positive if you are pregnant, some women do that early, but again most will not. If it is negative, see what happens when you would expect your next period and test again if necessary.

It would not be unusual for it to take many months to become pregnant when trying. Some women become pregnant very quickly, some naturally take quite a bit of time.

It sounds as though you would like to be pregnant? In this circumstance, however, it might be better if you aren't so that you can be certain who the father is when you do eventually become pregnant.

Personally, I don't believe God would punish you for anything. Obviously you have learned what a major problem it can cause and to avoid such a situation in the future. It would cause you and your boyfriend nothing but trouble and heartache. If this "friend", and he isn't much of one in my mind to get involved in such a situation, suggests another get together with you, might be time to end the friendship. Just something to think about.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2012, 04:32 PM
    Agreed, unless you are actually tracking your most fertile times by taking your temp and the other requirements, the phone apps are just fun toys using averages, no real actual time.

Also condoms have a failure rate of 3 to 10 percent so even with condoms there are many pregnancy.

So if you are going to have regular sex, please get on another form of birth control. ( not that any are 100 percent_

Jan 8, 2012, 09:48 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calendars on MS Outlook [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved to ms office 2010 from ms office 2003. I want to find a view in the new (2010 outlook) calendar that looks like the old (2003 outlook calander). The older version shows a workweek block with 7 labeled but otherwise empty blocks. No hourly lines or the like. I am looking for this...

How do I email or print me.com calendars from a PC and from an iPad? [ 0 Answers ]

I use 2 me.com calendars (social and work) synched via mobile me. I wish to share them with friends and work colleagues respectively, preferably electronically. Input is normally via my iPad. My PC OS is Widows 7.

Conception [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex August 10th & my period came on August 28th. I had sex on September 11th & I didn't receive a period for that month. Wouldn't it be the second guy September 11th?

Conception? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering how long sperm can live outside the body? If semen gets on hands or a finger, then is immediately inserted into the vagina, could she get pregnant, or would the sperm die when in contact with the air?

Outlook 2003: Shared Calendars [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a sticky problem that just doesn't make sense. We have a shared "Staff Calendar" where everyone can access it to schedule a variety of activities. When I tried to add the shared calendar to one user, I get back an error message saying the folder can'r be found. I have double and...

View more questions Search