Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hornedangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Computers usb switch
    Is there some kind of way I can turn something like my TV on or off with my computer via remote link? Maybe a usb switch that I have my TV plunged in to or something?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 8, 2012, 04:13 AM
    For home use, two popular home automation technologies that can be interfaced with a computer are X10 and INSTEON. The systems offer various modules that plug in between the device to be controlled and the wall outlet. Typically, the minimum components needed to control a TV by computer would be 1) the PC interface software, 2) PC/powerline interface/controller (USB or serial), and 3) an appliance module.

Smart Home and Home Controls are two sources for products. Their catalogs are a wealth of info.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Jan 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
    I accualy came across a infra-red application for my phone one. Could control most IR applications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Disable Write Protection on USB Pen Drive(Dont have Switch) [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I have an old 2GB pen drive which shows that it is write protected.It doesnot have any switch and I have reinstalled the drivers but it doesn't seem to work. Help... Regards Darshan

Remote Power Switch Using USB Port to Control [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to do something that may never have been tried, although it seems simple enough. But before I get out the old soldering iron, maybe there is already a device that exists to do it. I bought a 1.5TB FreeAgent backup drive. I plan to format it and load my Rebit backup software (a very...

Four computers and a switch, how to connect using switch [ 1 Answers ]

You have four computers and a switch,you want to make a network of these computers using switch,which networking topology you will use?and y

Usb kvm switch [ 1 Answers ]

i've recently purchased a usb kvm switch (Belkin F1DG102UUK) & my keyboard/mouse set-up is an msft wireless laser 6000 keyboard & a wireless laser 5000 mouse. THE PROBLEM; The kvm switch has two usb inputs..(one for the mouse & one for the keyboard) BUT both...

How can I connect two computers using SD205 switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have two computers, one windows vista home edition connected to internet, another one Windows Xp stand alone. With 5-port 10/100 switch connected to them. The two computers connected as workgroup and share files and folders in both, yet cannot see the computers communicating to each other. Any...

View more questions Search