Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonebubble Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Tracing foreign father
    Hello to all
    I have been unsuccessfully trying to trace my biological father.I don't think I have enough to go on though,please someone tell me to give up if I'm wasting my time.I was born(1970) in england(uk) to a british woman now deceased,my natural father however was a greek cypriot who came from nicosia whether he was born in that area I don't know,apparently he was married and the woman was here with him.I don't know when he came over but I know that he had a small business (shop) which is how my parents met(she worked for him).he did know about me and acknowledged me as his until he left when I was around 2yrs6mts(apparently he went with his wife back to cyprus).at some point in all this I was made a ward of court because my father (george damianou)threatened to take me out of the country.the only other information I have is that he's in his early 80's.can you advise on how I go about searching for any info as I think I may already be to late.any help is a bonus,
    Thank you
    mrocker Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lonebubble
    hello to all
    i have been unsuccessfully trying to trace my biological father.i dont think i have enough to go on though,please someone tell me to give up if i'm wasting my time.i was born(1970) in england(uk) to a british woman now deceased,my natural father however was a greek cypriot who came from nicosia whether or not he was born in that area i dont know,apparently he was married and the woman was here with him.i dont know when he came over but i know that he had a small business (shop) which is how my parents met(she worked for him).he did know about me and acknowledged me as his untill he left when i was around 2yrs6mts(apparently he went with his wife back to cyprus).at some point in all this i was made a ward of court because my father (george damianou)threatened to take me out of the country.the only other information i have is that he's in his early 80's.can you advise on how i go about searching for any info as i think i may already b to late.any help is a bonus,
    thankyou
    I recently found my father who is from another country (and is living in that country at present) with very little info, I didn't know the correct spelling of his name, his birthday, how old he was... my mom didn't even put his name on my birth certificate! But it IS possible, have faith! I ended calling the synagogue he used to go to when he lived in the states before I was born, and everything fell into place from there. Have you tried hiring a private investigator? Maybe try looking up some old legal documents or permits he might have needed for his shop at the library? Keep researching and asking questions, it's never too late so don't give up! It WILL happen if you want it to happen. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

Tracing Rebecca (Becky) [ 1 Answers ]

Hey friends, Those days when we didn't have the internet, me and Becky Queen (Rebecca) were pen friends. My last contact was 20 years ago. We exchanged a lots of opinions and got to know each other through mail... I am trying to locate Becky... and so please please help me to locate her... Becky's...

Tracing a hacker [ 9 Answers ]

Over the last week, my firewall has blocked 5 intrusion attempts into my machine. I think it is someone in the building trying to hack in to my system. The firewall was able to produce an ID tag on the hacker, but how do I trace them? Is it even possible?:confused:

Tracing Spammers etc [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone please give any tutorial sites or easy to understand information which will help me to understand and learn how to read full headers in layman's language. I read a full header and a lot of it is simply double dutch to me. What I would like to discover is how easy or difficult it is...

View more questions Search