Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badowner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 05:13 PM
    How to find previous tenant for info on experience with owner issues
    I am renting the lower level of a house, that is separated only by a door, but I am held 100% responsible for heating and providing electricity for the entire house. The owner had me put the utilities in my name, since it is their 2nd home and I would be the one living there year round. I am ultimately providing a service of gas, for heat and hot water and electricity for whenever she wants to stay and/or her guests. She doesn't contribute to any of it. Not even the basic charge to have the service. She mislead me when I asked her before I signed the lease that the lower level had their own meters, but they don't. I'm trying to find the previous tenant, because I'm told she had a lease and then moved out 2 months later. I don't know why, but I'd like to know if it may be the same reasons where the owner had mislead and taken advantage of them as well.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find previous tenant? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in a rented house for a year - over my first winter, one room used a storage area for clothing, camping gear and extra furniture developed serious mold problems. Neighbors tell me that previous tenant had to move out because mold was so bad. Landlord denies any problem and says...

How to evict the previous owner after purchasing [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a home in houston, Title gave me legal deed and possession and key based on contract. Old owner who sold home and got paid asked me 7 days to move out, I gave him 7 days oraly, but after 15 days passed he is still there and he is asking another 30 days. I need my home to live as soon as...

Experience? Does my previous work count as actual bookkeeping experience? [ 10 Answers ]

I have done work that required , I kept all records for a friends pharmacy delivery company mileage, orders,submitting this info for payment from company's and reconciling company's statements with her stubs to make sure she was paid correctly for all work she did. Also did similar work for a...

Eviciting a previous Owner- Foreclosure! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have pruchased a property from the courthouse in a foreclosure proceeding. I, being the new owner, have tried to knock on the door various times, but no response. There is always a car parked in the driveway, but the previous owner is missing in action. I can tell his belongings are in...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.