Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saynotoetg Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 01:34 PM
    ETG Question for Dr. Bill
    Dr. Bill,

On Monday I drank 7 beers ending at 9pm. On Wednesday night (last night) I had 2 gulps of white wine. This morning I was called in for a random ETG UA tomorrow (Friday) at 2pm. Therefore, it will have been 89 hours since Monday's New Year's shenanigans and the test. It will have been 41 hours since the two big gulps of wine.

I am a 29 year old female, 125 lbs, in average shape.

You are the only decent advice on the web.. . Thank you so much for your time and intelligence.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2012, 01:45 PM
    There is little possibility that EtG would remain given the amount of consumption and interval from last drink to test.

Just to be sure tell me the time span across which you consumed the 7 beers.

Jan 5, 2012, 01:52 PM
    I met an old friend an a restaurant to watch football so between 2pm - 8:30 pm I had 7 beers. I drank several glasses of water until 9pm while my friend sobered up. I had nothing to drink until last night (Wed) when I took two drinks of my friend's wine without even thinking. I'm generally very cautious around the first of the month because that is when there is a possibility of a UA. I do know the cutoff for my EtG is 100. I've never had a random test yet, so I have nothing to compare it to. It's nice to see such a knowledgeable person in my neck of the woods - Kansas City!

Jan 5, 2012, 02:02 PM
    Also, I have consumed 80 oz of water today and have a very healthy diet - not sure how that would affect the test. I understand that EtG is water-soluble so I would think that water consumption would help this process along? I've never even had a drug test or taken an illegal drug so I am incredibly stressed out!
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2012, 02:13 PM
    Like alcohol, EtG is created and eliminated at a steady rate, a drink by drink basis, more or less. So rate of consumption can play a role, just like with BAC. Your rate was about 1 per hour. In your favor. So wouldn't see any remaining EtG at 89 hours.

I just figured the wine at a full 5-oz drink. Elimination <24 hrs.

Take my advice and don't push the time limits. EtG is a very unreliable and erratic test.

The cutoff is important because at 100 there is an increased chance of environmental EtOH be detected, perfume, etc. It shouldn't relate to your case as I use lowest detection level.

Water solubility is a major flaw in the test.

From the standpoint of increasing metabolism a good meal is invaluable. Increases liver function (the area of importance to EtOH metabolism) by 35% to 40%. That is true for post-consumption as well as during drinking.

Jan 5, 2012, 02:23 PM
    I didn't have a glass of wine, literally, two sips last night. Like I said, wasn't even thinking about it - then BAM today called in.
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by saynotoetg View Post
    I didn't have a glass of wine, literally, two sips last night. Like I said, wasn't even thinking about it - then BAM today called in.
    Just easier to figure a full drink. I'm old and lazy... not necessarily in that order.

Either way, it is a non-issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dr. Bill, Can you help out here? ETG and Herbal Remedies. [ 4 Answers ]

I am a healthcare professional who is in a diversion program. I check in daily online for possible testing of urine for drugs or alcohol. I want to take a non-narcotic herbal tincture that is only available in 51% grain alcohol solution. The directions for use are '30 to 60 gtts,TID'. Will this...

Dr bill EtG [ 11 Answers ]

I am a bartender and am routinely getting booze on my hands. Will this affect an EtG?

Dr. Bill I have an ETG Test [ 11 Answers ]

Dr Bill I am a male 25 165 and healthy. I had 7 and a half drinks on Sunday starting at 6pm finishing at 10pm. They were 6 and a halfs 12 ounce beers at 4.6% alcohol and a shot of whiskey. I have a ETG test on wed at 9am which is about 52 hours after BAC is at 0. will I pass the test?

How does EtG work cumulatively? Dr Bill? [ 3 Answers ]

So I said before that I drink every Friday night and get tested Monday morning more often then not. I have drank copious amounts (15 drinks), staying up until around 6 am on Fridays more then a few times and had no problem peeing clean on Monday at 4 pm. This works out to about 58-60 hrs usually....

View more questions Search