Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GeForce1225 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Video Card Problems
    Hey just a quick question since I've never had this problem before my buddy came to me with his computer telling me it didn't work so I checked it out. There was not monitor signal but he said it was working go yesterday so I was checking to see if there was anything loose inside and found nothing. When I checking all the motherboard inputs in the back I found that the onboard monitor input was loose.. very loose so I told him he needed a graphics card to put in there since his onboard input broke... so my problem is how can I go in and change the hardware default to the pci rather then running off the onboard since I can't get not signal from the GC since it's not regonizing it yet?? Thx...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2007, 06:29 AM
    I see the problem - if his onboard video chipset is defective then you can't see the BIOS options to disable onboard video. Hmmm... add a PCI video card anyway and reboot it to see if it picks it up automatically. Otherwise you don't have a lot of options other than a new mobo.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 13, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Most of the time, if you have a dedicated video slot (AGP or PCI-E) as most mobos have, if you place a new video card in the slot, it will automatically disable the on board.
    GeForce1225 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Well it is a older computer... so I just told him to either get a new mobo or just scrap it for parts and move on cause he needs to upgrade anyway he's just to cheap to spend the money.. yet whines when he can't play hl2 or fear or full graphics lol thanks for the suggestions guys..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP or Video Card? [ 7 Answers ]

My tech support friend and I have been trying to resolve a problem on my system, running XP SP2 and an ATI Radeon 9600, that appeared in the last 24 hours. The symptoms are as follows: 1. Certain mouse pointers have a vertical line about 10 pixels to the left of the center of the pointer. The...

Video card problems [ 1 Answers ]

When I get into game play on Call of Duty and other war games my graphics have lines going in all directions to the extent that it is impossible to see the action. Is this a video card problem or something else. I also have noticed that when I click on the start button my programs box is very slow...

Video card [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, The problem is that I can't get anymore than 16 colors. I have purchased two different VGA card with cd holding the software (drivers). Here's my PC info please help Thanks .

Help with video card [ 1 Answers ]

I was given an older pc. I had to reformat and now I'm having problems with the display. From what I can see, my video card is a 3D-FX. How can I find which version and where can I find the drivers for it. Operating Win95.

View more questions Search