Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kanchan123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 02:19 AM
    Whether the L1 visa holders are also pay the Tax in usa?
    Hi All,

It would be great if u can tell me, that whether L1,L2(if working in usa) visa holders are also tax payble in USA?

Thanks in advance.
    Kanchan
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 13, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Depends on how long they are in the USA and if they are paid by their home-based company or a U.S.-based affiliate of that company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paycheck without Tax Withholding, how can I pay the tax? (Chinese F1 student on CPT) [ 8 Answers ]

I am currently doing an intern holding F-1 visa and on CPT in New York state. My employer didn’t withhold any tax from my paycheck. She said I am treated as an independent contractor. My income in the CPT period will be $4800, according to 1040-ES (NR), the tax will be $4800*10%=480, which is...

Taxes for J1 visa holders in Massachusetts [ 1 Answers ]

:) Hi, This is my 2nd year doing research like a postdoc from chile in Massachusetts. For my maintenance I do receive fellowship payments from an international foundation. Last year I paid both federal and state taxes but now I've heard that j1 visa holders don't need to pay taxes for the first 2...

Sailing Permit/L1 Visa/ Pay Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hallo, I work in the US on a L1-Visa (I'm from Germany) since two years and most likely will leave the US end of this year. I get my salary paid by my German employer and get all benefits from Germany, absolut nothing from the US. I do pay taxes in Germany. Do I also have to pay taxes in the US?

Tax for H1-B visa in USA [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can any one help to know, how much I may have to pay as my taxes, when I go with H1-B visa to USA? I would work as a post-doctoral associate, in a university (non-profit).I would be paid 37K per annum plus for my medicare and I may have to stay for four years in USA. With best wishes,...

H1B and H4 visa holders [ 5 Answers ]

Dear AtlantaTaxExpert, I am an H1B visa holder and my wife has H4. She is not allowed to work in Usa, her visa is a depenent one. I tried to do my tax return online and they won't let me to file her as my dependent. It says that your spouse cannot be your dependent. What is your advice?Can I get...

View more questions Search