Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnJingle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 09:13 PM
    HR requirements on number of people interviewed before an offer can be extended
    Does HR have requirements such as "X number of people must be interviewed before a job can be extended to a candidate" or "Job posting must be placed for X number of days/weeks before a job can be extended to a candidate"?

I remember hearing (non-verified rumor) that one of my previous employers required that at least 3 people must be interviewed for a position before a job offer can be extended to a candidate. I was just wondering if anyone here is aware of similar requirements and if this is common practice.

Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2012, 09:29 PM
    I am sure some companies may, this is too open ended.
    Normally it is normal for them to pick out a number or resumes and call them for an interview, they would always talk to all of those people first.

But no there is no set number, if they had one person with a lot better resume, they could just call them in for an interview and not interview anyone else.
    ** unless there is a union contract or a company policy that requires different>
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2012, 04:54 AM
    Many companies, especially larger ones, have a policy that a job must be posted internally for a period before an offer can be extended outside the company.

But I've never heard of a requirement that x number of candidates need to be seen before an offer can be extended. This would be counter productive since you can't guarantee how many people would apply for a position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the government or anyone else offer education assistance for people with felonies [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has a felony from 2003 and spent 10 months in a county jail. We are being told by some people that there is financial assistance for people who have a felony record to go to college. Does anyone know if this is true or not? And if so, where can we get more information on this? ...

View more questions Search