Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laura97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 10:47 PM
    I have just got a 6 week old pup and noticed a flea. What is the best thing to do?
    I have just got a 6 week old pup an d noticed a flea what is the best thing to do... I have no other pets
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2012, 12:47 AM
    You can get flea and worming treatment from your vet. The pup should have a thorough check over by the vet anyway as (and I'm just assuming) you bought from a less than reputable breeder.
    benedict426 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
    You want to get rid of the fleas asap because they can (and will) transfer to your furniture and maybe even you. The best thing to do is to give them a flea bath with flea shampoo (not too expensive) or take them to a groomer who will give your dog a flea bath (some will) and then you can get a flea treatment appropriate for your dog to prevent further need for treatment and also you may want to spray your house with a flea spray to get rid of any little guys who may have jumped ship. Hope that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat had kittens a week ago and I noticed a flea on one. I'm not sure what to do? [ 2 Answers ]

My cat had kittens a week ago. She had a runt and we took it to the vet and tried to nurse it but it died. Now there is four kittens left. I was looking them over today and they just started opening their eyes. One of their eyes were matted shut. I cleaned it and a lot of puss cameout. I have...

Flea treatment for 2 week old kittens [ 3 Answers ]

Our momma kitty had a litter of 6 kittens, 3 survived, but are severely infested with fleas. What is a safe and effective way to treat kittens this young?

2 week kittens flea infested [ 1 Answers ]

Yes I was wondering if anyone would know if it is OK to use vinger water on 2 week old kittens... We have found a mother and took her in and she gave birth 2 5 kittens... and now all of them are infested with fleas bad... I need to know if there is anything cheap we can use for them... I heard...

Flea treatment for 10 week old puppy [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old belgian shepherd who is chewing the hair off his backside right above his tail. I washed him in sergeants flea shampoo for puppies but it is only getting worse. Can anyone recommend a flea treatment that is safe for puppies and is there anything topical to stop him from chewing...

View more questions Search