Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbl93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 08:32 PM
    Laws on dating in Louisiana
    So I'm 18 going on 19 march of this year. The guy I am planning on dating is 16 going on 17 this June. The only thing holding us back is the age and the fact that we aren't positive if its illegal or not. Someone help me out please
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2012, 08:41 PM
    This is a frequently asked question here. A little browsing would have found that there are no laws governing dating. However if the parents of the 16 yr old do not approve of the relationship you could be in legal trouble for defying them.

It is, however, rather unusual for an almost 19 yr old girl to be romantically interested in a 16 yr old boy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Louisiana Inheritance Laws [ 15 Answers ]

In the State of Louisiana, where community property is concerned, if both spouses had children before the marriage (due to previous relationships) and children together during the marriage, if one of the spouses dies and there is no will, who inherits the property?

Inheritance laws in Louisiana? [ 5 Answers ]

My estranged father lives in a common law relationship and is in poor health. The woman he lives with controls all the finances and has a friend who is an attorney. Not sure if a will exists. This woman is not trusted by me or my two sisters. What is a realistic scenario with our inheritance? He...

Inheritance Laws in Louisiana [ 1 Answers ]

How do you determine inheritance taxes on property inLouisiana

Louisiana Inheiritance laws [ 2 Answers ]

dad died in 2005. Mom was caught up in katrina hurricane-trying to get money from road home program-opened dad's estate there are 4 children over age 21 and have chosen to let mother have all so can rebuild-have one sister living far away, came in to sign papers and has refused because mom forgot...

View more questions Search