Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shalitha Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 08:29 PM
    Unfit father?
    Hi my baby is 1 month and 3weeks and his father dropped him in the streets my baby didn't really cry and after he dropped him he could have apologist and said he was sorry are asked if he was okay,but think god my baby was okay should I really have called the police and press charge but he say he's not and unfit parent
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shalitha View Post
    Hi my baby is 1 month and 3weeks and his father dropped him in the streets my baby didn't really cry and after he dropped him he could of apologist and said he was sorry are asked if he was okay,but think god my baby was okay should I really have called the police and press charge but he say he's not and unfit parent
    Did the baby's father drop him on more than one street?

Why aplogize to the one-month old baby? A child that old is too young to understand an apology anyway.

Yes, thank God the baby was OK.

You had no reason to call the police unless you had cause to suspect that he had dropped the baby intentionally or under circumstances which would seem to be reckless disregard for the child's safety.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 10:10 PM
    Why did he drop the baby, was it an accident, a mistake,

It may not even make him a unfit father, not enough known, since accidents do happen If every accident made someone unfit, every child with any issue would have a unfit parent.

He may need a parenting class, we don't know from what was told.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 4, 2012, 04:40 AM
    We've had hundreds of questions about fathers who hit their kids or ignore them or don't give them proper care. Your situation is nothing compared to those. Accidentally dropping a child is an accident, it does not constitute unfitness though he may need to learn to be more careful.

I'm trying to understand why you are even questioning this. Is there something else going on here?

Jan 5, 2012, 11:44 AM
    No,I really don't understand because my son is not his only child I'm guessing that's why his other kids are far away from him and there mom have him on child support he really act like a child himself and pretend like he don't know and also pretend like he don't have a brain sometimes but I've learned my lesson not to have my son around him anymore even thou this is my first child and I know more then he do my child's father actually told me that he forgot how to take care of a baby,, honestly are you serious so it's really my fault to from letting his dad hold my child... Thanks from responding

Jan 5, 2012, 11:51 AM
    Okay it was a mistake we were getting out of the truck and I ask him to get the baby out so when he got the baby out of the truck his dad turn around with the baby in the carseat and the baby felt in the streets but the baby was wrap in two blankets so he didn't feel anything.. but thanks anyway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the birth father stop an adoption, even if he is unfit as a father? [ 12 Answers ]

I am 27 weeks pregnant. The birth father is my ex boyfriend of a year and a half. We do not have a healthy relationship, and I do not want the child around him at all. He has a history of drug and alcohol abuse, his current priority, (and his main priority for as long as I have known him), is...

Unfit father [ 1 Answers ]

I have taken care of a child for 4 years. This child is 4 years old now. The father just got released from prison and still has warrants and parole. I get threatened everyday that he is coming to get the child and he is very unstable. What suggestions do you have for me to protet this child and...

Unfit father [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all and thanks in advance for any replys.. I live in SC and I have a delema. I gave custody of my child to his father because we split up and both of us lost our job and I knew that the paternal g-parents could take care of my son financially. I have noticed since this has happened that the...

Unfit father? [ 3 Answers ]

I would be very grateful for any advice anybody may have. After a very short relationship that then ended I found out I was pregnant-I did tell the father and after a while we decided to try and get back together. As time went on I found and that He was a very heavy drinker indeed and it made him...

Unfit father [ 2 Answers ]

How do I prove that my daughter's father is unfit?

View more questions Search