Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjrlindstrom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Does York Model AHP36C2AH21A have a Heat Pump?
    We are having trouble with replacing our thermostat for our unit. We have the following wires: Blue, Red, Yellow, White, and Green. On the old thermostat they were hooked up in the following way: Blue-RH, Red-RC, White-W, Yellow-Y, and Green-G. The thermostat never shut the fan off when the heat was on. We have hooked the new thermostat up: White-W, Green-G, Blue-B, Red-R (with jumper between are & RC), and Yellow-Y. The outside unit is constantly running now, but the inside unit shuts off as it is supposed to. We really need to get this unit working properly. We have replaced the board recently also.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Here's what I need you to do, if you are willing. Go to your furnace, take the covers off, and see what color wires hook to what terminals in the actuall furnace. Let me know, and I should be able to tell you what colors go where on the tstat. I don't think you have a heatpump, but I won't know until you give me this info. Back to you.

Jan 3, 2012, 08:56 PM
    The board wires are hooked up as follows; red-r, green-g, yellow-y1, white-w1 (with jumper from w1 to w2), white-com. The blue wire is electrical taped to a red wire running to the outside unit.

Jan 3, 2012, 08:58 PM
    The board wires are hooked up as follows; red-r, green-g, yellow-y1, white-w1 (with jumper from w1 to w2), white-com. The blue wire is electrical taped to a red wire running to the outside unit.
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 4, 2012, 04:46 PM
    How many wires run from the furnace to the outside unit, just the white to com, and the red that's taped to the blue?

Jan 4, 2012, 05:15 PM
    Yes those are the only two wires that run to the outside unit.
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 5, 2012, 04:56 PM
    Okay, lets give this a shot. But first, just in case this doesn't work, write down where all wires are now hooked to so you can put them back if this doesn't work out, okay?

On the stat, hook red to rh (with jumper from rh to rc), white to w,, green to g,, yellow to y, and leave the blue unhooked for now. Now, go to the furnace, and hook red to r, white to w (leave the jumper in from w1 to w2 for now), green to g, yellow to y1, leave blue unhooked for now. Also, hook the red wire from the outside unit to the y1 terminal on the furnace board (along with the yellow from the stat). And hook the white wire from the outside unit to the com on the furnace board.

Try this, and let me know how things work. Im really guessing here without seeing everything first hand, okay?

If this does work, I will also want to know if you have a c terminal on the stat. Good luck and please keep me posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I download or even buy a York heat pump model E1CS wiring diagram [ 0 Answers ]

Drawing on the cover is too faded to see

York 4 ton Heat pump model EDFH which ices [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 13 years old York 4 ton Heat pump model EDFH which ices when the temperature gets below 32F. The problem with this pump started when the card became defective about three months ago when the temperature was in the 70's F. I called a tech and they replace the card with a universal card...

Replacing an old Honeywell Thermostat with a Hunter Model 44260 to a York Heat Pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older Honeywell thermostat with wiring G(green) W(white) R(red) X(blue) B(black) O(orange) & Y(yellow). My new programmable thermostat Hunter 44260 has G R/C R/H Y/O W/B & Y1. Which wires go where on the new 44260 thermostat? The manual is not easy to understand. Thanks! D

York heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a older york heat pump that a technician came out to try to repair. He said the board was bad and tried to wire it so that the out side heat pump would run to keep the House cool. Well I found out what had happened to the board (Relay was pulled away from the circuit board from the fan wire...

View more questions Search