Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelslyn17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 06:14 PM
    Taking birth control irregularly
    I have been on birth control for a little under a year. For the past about 4 months I have been taking my pill at different times and sometimes forgetting all together. My boyfriend and I do not use any other form of birth control and do not pull out during sex. I have been spotting for about a week now on and off. Is there a chance I could be pregnant? And how much of a chance?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 06:20 PM
    There is always a chance of pregnancy when you have intercourse, whether you take the pill exactly as prescribed or not. Since you aren't following the prescribed method, that increases your chances significantly. It is impossible to give you a percentage though.

Remember that there is no form of birth control that is 100% effective. I took the pill EXACTlY as directed, as well as using condoms, and got pregnant not once but twice.

If you are not ready to be a mother, please use more than one form of birth control for added protection.
    tambashmet Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Jan 13, 2012, 09:14 AM
    There's always a chance. Even with the best birth control. So I'd say, no matter how much of a chance you might want to spring for a pregnancy test at the store. Could ease your worries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stopped taking my birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I stopped taking my birth control (after ten years on it) in January and just to see how my body was functioning I have been taking OTC ovulation tests. My period has been like clockwork every 30 days, but I have never had a positive result on my ovulation test. My husband and I are Trying to...

Being minutes late taking birth control [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I'm very new to birth control. I'm only on my sixth day actually. Today I ran into major traffic and I took a pill like 10 minutes after the time I've been taking it. I looked over the whole phamplet and it doesn't say anything about a small time frame like that so I'm assuming it's okay.....

Do I continue taking my birth control? [ 1 Answers ]

This is my first month on birth control, I was put on it to regulate my cycle, I started my period but I still have a week and a half of active birth control pills left is this normal?(I read it could be breakthrough bleeding) should I continue taking the pills?

Stop taking birth control shot [ 1 Answers ]

I stop taking my birth control shot this month because my husband is in jail and I am going to be faithful to him and not have intercourse with no one else and when I knew when he a be coming home I was going to get back taking the shot. I was wondering if it was okay for me to stop taking it all...

View more questions Search