Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ridergurlie521 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Boyfriend dumped me. I need help!
    So my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 and a half years. I'm 20 and he is 21. We normally never argue and don't lie to each other. I had a jello shot at my work Christmas party, one jello shot. But.I told him I didn't have any alcohol. He found out 3 days ago and it started a huge argument about me lying to him. He broke up with me later that day and hasn't replied. He did go to a party with a bunch of girls for new years that night. I've texted him numerous times apologizing and begging him to just talk to me. It's been 4 days and still no contact with me. Do you think I have a chance of patching things up? Does he still have feelings for me?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2012, 07:09 PM
    Why would you want to patch things up with someone like that to begin with?

He doesn't want to hear what you say, he clearly does not care of your feelings, and I think he has severe issues if his reaction was like that. Also, it seems to me as if he has used the jello shot as an opportunity to do something he was wanting to do anyway, and him going of to a party also shows that he is wanting to behave as a single person.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2012, 09:18 PM
    I agree why are you giving him the power why are you begging like that?

I mean over 1 jello shot?? If that's enough to end a 2 year relationship then it was not even worth it to start with!
    I think there is more issues here.

Or he could just be doing this to control you either way ignore him and get on with your life
    ridergurlie521 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 10:44 PM
    Well, he's the love of my life. I've given up everything for this guy. He did explain to me, that it was about trust, not that I had the jello shot. The fact that I didn't tell him and that I lied about it.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2012, 11:51 PM
    Sorry love of your life and you giving up everything are no exsuce for someone treating you like that. If he flips out over something like that then wow. You guys are very young and he seems to have massive trust issues

Either way. Better off without that typ of drama in your life.
    In a good relationship a couple should work together on trust issues both partners need to communicate with each other.
    As communication is key! To any good relationship

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2012, 07:39 PM
    Time to stop begging for sure and see that a small thing can be blown out of proportion by a fool.

Who needs a fool, and maybe you give him more credit than he deserves. Ignore him, so he will see the foolishness of his own actions. Love is blind all right and you have been blind to his stupidity.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2012, 07:49 PM
    I think he is not the love of your life, but A love in your life... There will be many, let this one go and move onto the next chapter in your life, no use in waiting around for someone as pathetic as this guy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dumped by a boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Threads merged, please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread. Me and my boyfriend are seeing each other for 3 yrs , v always had long distance relationship.. every 2 months v broke up for some reason or the other. But always he is the one to dump me. Long distance that...

My boyfriend dumped me twice and can't seem to get over him! [ 8 Answers ]

I got with this man at work about a year ago, I found out he was married (getting a divorce). We moved in together and I found out he cheated on his first wife that he had children with, with his wife he was married to when I got with him-this upset me cause I had a conversation the first night he...

Boyfriend dumped me [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get over my boyfriend of 6.5 years? He split up with me just before xmas and then said he made a mistake and we got back together. On new years eve he wanted time again. He dumped me a month ago. He said that he cared and loved for me as a sister. He wants to be friends but don't think I...

Please Help, My Boyfriend dumped me! [ 5 Answers ]

I need some serious advice on my situation. My boyfriend and I had been going out for 9 1/2 months and I really loved him. I met him when I came to college and I felt so blessed to have him. I broke up with him twice in 2003, once in September and once in December, when we were first getting...

My boyfriend has dumped me! [ 8 Answers ]

Well what can I say?well my boyfriend dumped me! Aw I know so sad his name was hayden also ryt I moved on well sort of and got a new boyfriend and den he dumped me but my new boyfriend (darren ) has cheated on me 3 times yet each time I told him I loved him and he said he wouldn't do it again but...

View more questions Search