Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lexdyl83 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 01:53 PM
    I need marriage advice!
    About a month ago I looked at my husbands phone and found a text message from a number with no name. So I read it. I was obviously a conversation with a girl. I couldn't finish reading the whole thing because I felt stick, hot and started to shake. Whe I confronted him he tried to hide his phone and looked nervous. Which set me off even more. He told me that someone texted him and he didn't know who it was but the guys at his job told him to text back. I'm always questioning what he does now.I am a stay at home mom and think that he's talking to someone else because I don't think he thinks I'm attractive anymore. He says I am but I see the way he looks at skinny girls with perfect bodies. I am very insecure about myself and I told him that I have no trust in him anymore. But he told me "I fu*cked up because I didn't erase it". Not that he should've done it in the first place. We've been married for 6 years and together for 10. And have 2 beautiful children. He always accused me of cheating even though I'm always home with my kids and don't go anywhere. But like they say the accuser is usually the one cheating! He told me not to tell anyone so that he doesn't look bad... but maybe I should! I need major advice and opions please! Thank you!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2012, 02:09 PM
    For what its worth I get texts from time to time from people I have no idea who they are... because I don't text anyone at all. I never respond to them.

However going off on him is going to provoke a response you really aren't going to like... because trust me... if my wife did that to me... there would be trouble.

You can receive an errant text just as easily as you get someone dialling a wrong number... yet you can do permanent damage to a marriage and lose respect by doing what you did. Particualrly if it was as he said... nothing.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2012, 06:21 PM
    This is another really good reason not to snoop. When you DO snoop, be prepared to deal with what you find.

Now you've driven him underground by blowing up at him. If it's innocent, he knows you snoop; it it's NOT innocent who knows you'll snoop and now he'll hide his activities.

I look at other men - that doesn't mean I want to have sex with them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 06:42 PM
    I got a naked photo of a women last month, This last year I got one very very hot text.

It happens, if I was not a priest I would have considered texting back in fun.

Is he cheating, who knows, but story is believable.

Does he go out, or come home right after work, is there other reasons to think he is cheating
    awesomagic Posts: 69, Reputation: 46

Jan 4, 2012, 11:29 AM
    I agree with JudyKayTee. Sometimes being in the dark is a good thing, meaning it's much less painful. Personally, I never ask a question unless I am totally prepared for the answer. Just make sure you understand something: cheating is a far cry from simply using bad judgement, of which we are all guilty from time to time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to get your advice, to make sure I am giving the correct advice [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine emailed me her question, knowing that I have gone through the custody thing before myself. She asked me when she can file abandonment on her sons father. I want to run by you what I am emailing her back to make sure I give her the correct information. Thank you for your help :)

Calling a females! I need some advice badly! Marriage on the Rocks! [ 9 Answers ]

Here it goes. I have been with my wife for over 9 years. We have 2 beautiful girls, and I am deeply in love with her. Well last week we had an argument, and she just told me that it was she can't take it anymore. She told me the dreaded thing, that she love's me but she is not in love with me...

Advice needed on saving my marriage. [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I'll begin by saying that my husband (15 years) was having an emotion affair, but he says he loves me and wants to be happy with me again. I was blind-sided by this happening as I have always felt secure and happy. I'm trying very hard to be understanding as I am deeply in love with...

View more questions Search