Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roseofsharon.2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 12:18 PM
    65-year-old woman never had a relationship but is in love with female best friend
    I'm 65 y/o woman who's never been in a relationship with a man or a woman. Have had strong feelings for several women friends since 14 y/o. Now I'm in love with my woman best friend. Her last 2 lifetime partners died. She's been single now for about 4 years and has not sought a new relationship that I know of. We've known each other about 5 years but have only been close friends for the past 2 years. She is a very caring person but finds it hard to let others get close. She will ofter do special unexpected things for me that I would never have asked a friend to do for me, but when I tell her how special that act was to me she gets embarrassed and blushes. We see each other almost every day even if it's just to walk my dog. I have a strong physical attraction to her but don't know how to show it as I've been pretty closed in since I was molested during puberty. I've never even made out with another person and don't know how to ask for intimacy. Any suggestions how to handle this situation?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 12:39 PM
    I strongly urge you to stay within the boundaries of good behavior until you know a lot more of your friends actions.

Maybe she is just lonely for a friend, but I think as you keep talking you both will find out more of each other through sharing your life stories together.

My point is tread slowly and carefully until you know more. Never assume, or presume when you can find out the facts through honest communications, which is the key to any interactions between you.

Have you ever gotten guidance for your long ago trauma?

Jan 3, 2012, 12:48 PM
    Yes I sought counseling and worked through a lot, including family seriously disfunctional
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Where her other partners male or female?

Jan 3, 2012, 02:14 PM
    My friend is a lesbian and her partners were,too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 02:30 PM
    At somepoint something may be mentioned. If you have feelings you may lose a friend if you are wrong, but may miss a life partner if you don't.

In the end it is only your choice.
    HorrorQueen Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Jan 3, 2012, 05:41 PM
    How I see it is that you only get one life, and if you really have feelings for this person then you should speak to her about it. She sounds like a true friend, and even if she doesn't reciprocate those feelings then I don't think it would ruin your friendship. Also to me it sounds as though she does feel the same way you do.

You have little to lose and everything to gain, this could be a wonderful relationship for you and you really could find a life partner here. Good luck with everything xxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My year 7 best friend and her year 9 boyfried (who she don't love) [ 5 Answers ]

My best friend is dateing a year 9 but she doesn't love him he cept asking her out on Facebook she said no but he still asked his brother like her to and asked her to have sex she said NO but his bro still asked her out she finally said yes to stop him bugging her he wanted it to be a scret is he...

I'm in love with my best friend who's in a relationship [ 7 Answers ]

It's the same story of every teenage girl... im falling.. nono I've fallen for my best friend who's a guy. The only turn back is he's in a relationship. I know that I shouldn't get involved. I know all this. She already hates me because she finds me as a challenge... she knows that he likes me and...

10 year relationship, 2 year marriage. And now he questions what true love is [ 2 Answers ]

Background (it's a long one, too): We are in our mid 20's and have known each other for 10 years. We dated exclusively through high school but without any commitment to marriage. That "in love" blissful feeling lasted for quite some time, well into our college years. He has always been a...

Dealing with losing my best friend/woman I love after having a short affair with her. [ 14 Answers ]

Well,I'm having a tough year obviously.. The story goes like this: I met this great looking girl 7 years ago while surfing (both).She was 20 and I 18.We went on to be best friends,since we both had beach houses at the same place,had the same interests,tastes,and generally really liked each...

I'm in a 5-year relationship but falling for my old friend [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I'm a newcomer and I would like to share this story with you! I'm 22 years old and I've been in a relationship for nearly 5 years. My boyfriend and I are really happy together and planning to get married next year. These last 2 years, I met an old friend with whom I always had some...

View more questions Search