Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CujawK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2004, 02:50 PM
    Simple equal sign question!
    Here is the problem. I have a proportions question. I have it simplified down to
    a-12=24. For all I know, a may equal 36. Is there a "might be equal to" sign? If so, describe it, please. Thanks! :D
    CompletelyBroken Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2004, 08:32 PM
    Equation
    Hello,
    What do you mean, it may be 36. It most definitely is 36! It is a simple first-degree equation.
    Mark
    notamathwiz Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Yes it is 36 because you have to add 12 to each side which it would be 36. So a - 12 = 24 now put underneath the 12 a positive 12 (because it cancels it out) and put the positive 12 underneath the 24.. now add them... 36.. tadaaaa!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Simple Question -any advice will be helpful [ 15 Answers ]

I was divorced last year. We have two children and I am still struggling. I was the first signer on my ex-husbands truck, he was the "co-buyer." In our decree he was declared responsible for the truck payment since I have the house and all other debt - which I pay regularly, but not easily. My...

Simple opt --> h1b Tax Question(s) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a single little Canadian citizen with these characteristics: OPT from March 23, 2005 to August 17, 2005. H1B from September 17, 2005 to present. 1) Does this qualify me for dual residecy? 2) For two pay periods while I was on OPT (March/April), Social Security and ...

Simple Tax Question [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've a simple tax question. I was on OPT until September 2005 and my H1 started from October 1st, 2005. I wanted to know what forms do I need to file and what deductions can I claim? I started paying social security and medicare taxes from October 1st. Thank you. Himanshu.

Simple Rotational motion question [ 1 Answers ]

I've been getting help from sparknotes.com and I've come across an example that has stumped me. The page is at http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/physics/chapter10section4.rhtml I'm at example 2 (toward the bottom of the page). The problem comes when they use Newton's second law...

Can anyone solve this simple question? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody explain how to solve this question? 70% of students answered question A correctly, 55% of students answered question B correctly, 20% of students answered neither question correctly. What is the percentage of students answered both question A and B correctly?

View more questions Search