Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anthea87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Can I keep my mum's ashes?
    Do I have the right to keep my mothers ashes when my father in-law is still alive?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 04:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anthea87 View Post
    Do I have the right to keep my mothers ashes when my father in-law is still alive?
    Of course you have the right to keep her ashes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 08:27 AM
    Please explain, your moms' ashes? What does your father in law, ( that would be your husbands father) even have to do with this ?

Do you mean your step father ? That would be your mothers husband ( but not your father)

Your father in law should have no claim ( in US LAW) but your step father may have.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2012, 10:08 AM
    Agree with FrChuck - what does your father-in-law have to do with your mother's ashes?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mum's Depression [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, My mum has suffered from depression ever since my brother was a baby. He is now 15 years old! In the last 15 years my dad has left home, my grandpa has died (my mums dad), my mum has been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondilytus and she is in quite a lot of debt. I'm struggling to find a...

Strange smell in Mum's house [ 1 Answers ]

There is a very invasive smell in my Mum's house. There are no pets, gas etc but the smell has surfaced since she had a new heat exchanger type furnace put in. The house has a crawl space.. but it does not smell like a mould. The smell has impregnated clothing, furniture and hits you when you...

My sister has withdrawn money from an ATM the day after my mum's funeral [ 5 Answers ]

Can some one help? My sister has done something dreadful since my mum died. I now have proof she withdrew 70 pounds the day after our mum's funeral at a golf retail centre. She has also laundered 20.000 pounds and transferred money into a new bank account she opened. I am an executor to mum's...

How to cope with my mum's death? [ 6 Answers ]

I just lost my mum few months ago. She passed away due to liver cancer. I am currently in my final year in university. I didn't know how to cope with her sudden death. I become very bad tempered and cry very easily whenever I am stress since she's the only person whom I share my feelings with. She...

Related to mum's 16th cousin's son? [ 14 Answers ]

I am trying to find out whether I am related to my mum's 16th removed cousin's son

View more questions Search