Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darcyhall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 01:13 PM
    State Select Water heater temperature
    We just moved into a condo and the water temperature isn't hot enough. I opened up both upper and lower access panels, and they both have styrofoam panels glued over the controls. Is it okay to cut through those panels to get to the controls?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2012, 01:41 PM
    Yes you can cut, they are there to prevent hot wires from touching the metal panel. BUT, turn off the main power at the breaker before cutting the foam away.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 2, 2012, 01:53 PM
    We just moved into a condo and the water temperature isn't hot enough.
    Follow ma0641 instructions to view the thermostats.They should be at the factory setting of 120F.
    However I don't think that's your problem. It sounds to me like you have a burned out element, most likely the bottom one. Call in a plumber to replace the faulty element or if you wish to drain the heater and install it yourself we can walk you through the process. Just ask. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State Select water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have a State Select Hot Water heater model PR650 NBRT (natural Gas), The pilot is very low and occasionaly goes out. Is there a way to adjust the flame?

State Select Water Heater [ 3 Answers ]

We have a state select power vent water heater. Last October it stopped working and the plumber replaced the ignitor as the wires had shorted out. Then it happened again in the beginning of January 2008 and he again replaced the ignitor. Well, our water heater stopped working again today and the...

State select water heater [ 1 Answers ]

My state select electric water heater,just stop working and I don't know how to bringing back to work,any ideas.

View more questions Search