Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cassi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Diamonds and testers
    What other gems can test positive as a diamond with a diamond tester white topaz,white sapphire??
    mjarnold Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cassi
    what other gems can test positive as a diamond with a diamond tester white topaz,white sapphire?????
    Usually, depending on the quality of the tester, I would think only synthetic diamond and moissanite would trip a false positive.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 27, 2007, 05:43 PM
    They should also flouresse when exposed to long/short wave ultraviolet light.
    Have seen diamonds flouresse in blue, green, yellow, orange, and white.
    Beware CZ's flouresse in orange, also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Size of Diamonds [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah! Im in the process of ring shopping, but I truly have little knowledge of what Im looking for. I would like to know the sizes up to to karat and half. Is .75 close to a karat? :confused:

Biggest Diamonds? [ 6 Answers ]

What's the biggest recored diamon din the world? And how much is it worth? Curiousity!!

Diamonds Commercial Song! HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

I do not know which diamonds commercial it is, but its where the husband gets up in the middle of the night and places the necklace on his wife's neck, and the song goes: "I want to tell you that im always thinking of you. but i can't find the right words to say" Does anyone know the title...

Receptacle testers [ 4 Answers ]

When using a standard receptacle tester on a GFI circuit, I get a Hot/Ground Reverse reading. When I test the same GFI circuit with a GFI Receptacle Tester, I get an Open Neutral reading. The problem was a loose neutral wire . Are these normal readings to expect from the two testers? ...

Diamonds as electrical conductors [ 2 Answers ]

Will a diamond conduct electricity and, if so, how good a conductor is it?

View more questions Search