Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doddle79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 11:29 AM
    How do I get over heartbreak?
    I have been with my boyfriend of 3.5 years and it was great.. We were close but had the happy medium and spend time apart etc.. We have never argued and it was perfect. The 3 weeks ago we had a little scare where the nurse gave me a contraceptive pill that didn't work so it was a little frightening. It was all okay in the end but it scared us both and he felt that he wasn't in the mood for sex. I put it down to the scare and gave him time but then last Thursday I brought the whole thing up and he said it felt like we are getting distant etc so we broke up. I saw him yesterday and it was like normal, we chatted about things and he says that he feels like it has turned into friends but that he still wants to see me as I am his best friend.
    I feel gutted and I am only happy when I hear from him. I thought I would spend the rest of my life with him and I now feel so lonely..

Has anyone any tips or has anyone experienced this? I thought I could get him back but how can you make someone love as more than a friend?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2012, 03:59 PM
    You cannot change his feelings, nor control still having feelings for someone you have been with. You CAN start being a lot less available and allow yourself some time to heal, and make some adjustments to this situation though.

The worse thing you can do is hold on to something that ain't happening right now. That would be false hope.

Let go, and accept the changes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting over heartbreak [ 5 Answers ]

I never thought I would but I found my soulmate online. She lives in the USA and I live in the UK. For the past couple of months we have messaged each other and chatted every day without fail. We have become unbelievably close. Almost like an old couple. I knew she was in a very unhappy...

My first heartbreak, how do I get over this? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a korean boyfriend for almost 8 months. Although it may be a short period for you, it really went through my heart. I have always thought he is too good to be true, but I guess you will never really know someone that much. We met in a language center, he was not my student but I guess he...

How do I get over this heartbreak and move on? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I've recently broken up with my boyfriend... he was lying to me about talking to other girls, and just lying about everything really. Come to find out after fighting for two days about something that I thought was bothering him, and him insisting there was nothing, he finally spilled it...

Heartbreak how do I get over it [ 5 Answers ]

My partner and I had been together 2 years with a 11month old son when he finished it with me last week, I am totally heart broken especially as he is already txting and kissing another girl, I have asked him to hold back with her as it hurts too much but it doesn't seem to have much affect with...

Heartbreak all over again [ 6 Answers ]

I've just been told that my ex has secretly been seeing one of my mates, and apparently they are together. I am absolutely, as you could imagine, hurt. As her main reason for finishing me was "i can't cope with a relationship and uni all at once" She doesn't seem to care, I had to ask her if it was...

View more questions Search