Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QuestingPuck Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Need new RAM for Mac
    I have a 2009, 13 inch Macbook pro, and I have been using the very basic ram when I had adobe cs4 because that worked for me. I recently received adobe CS5, and I need to get new RAM for the processing power. My neighbor (an mac wiz) suggested 6 to 8 gigabytes of ram. I have two slots so I need to get 2 individual panels. The question is which panels from what company? There is a lot out there. I tried going to best buy, but they only store up a gigabyte or 2 gigabytes of ram at the story. Everything else is special order, and I have to do that I would rather order and instal it myself.

Any suggestions for what I should, or where I can go to store where people can actually help my on site?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jan 2, 2012, 08:42 PM
    Several vendors offer it Apple and Mac Memory come to mind. Apple has a habit of splitting years so check your configuration on the apple site and get the type and speed of the RAM then shop around.
    QuestingPuck Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 07:57 AM
    Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New RAM cards won't boot unless old RAM intalled also. RAM tested good. [ 3 Answers ]

Just purchased (2) 256MB RDRAM (Rambus) PC-800MHz-45nS type memory ECC cards (used). Dell Dimension 8100 rated for up to 2GB RAM, (4 RAM sockets) originally had (2) 64MB non-ECC + (2) 128MB ECC cards. Worked fine. If I install the (2) new 256 ECC cards in Bank 1, leaving Bank 2 empty, PC won't...

Can I use 1 gb ram along with 512 ram, or both should be same capacity. Because I amt [ 2 Answers ]

I was using 512mb ram along with 1 gb ram, and there was frewuent problem of blue screen of death, after removing 1gb and with 512 alone there is no problem. Then how can I upgrade my ram. Mine is lenovo thinkcentre with pentium d processor and 512 mb ram

Does Mac use RAM differently than PC? [ 3 Answers ]

I need to buy a laptop for my daughter for college. She wants a MAC. Fine. But in trying to decide what to buy, I'm lost. I'm used to PC's and Windows based laptops where the more RAM and the bigger the hard drive, the better. Throw in a great processor and you've got a great PC or laptop. ...

View more questions Search