Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Claimer35 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2012, 07:57 AM
    New love interest?
    Hi guys just a quickie. There is this chick who I met through a friend a few months ago. We had a nice time and were just very friendly with each other. Anyway, recently we have been chatting a lot on fb and are getting to know each other on a deeper level. She´s starting to open up to me talking about her past and that she broke up with this guy last week and is now so lonely etc. She keeps inviting me to do things with her which I haven't been able to make yet but then last night during a talk she said she would like me to come over and watch a movie with her but also stressed as friends, don't get me wrong I'm fine with just being her friend but must add that she's very attractive and I could see her as more down the line if we got that close.

Is she checking me out or is that line she drew permanent or is she just saying - I like you, lets hang out and find out etc.. She explained that the last guy she was really serious with turned out to be a psycho so now she is really picky about who she lets in.. thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice on this little matter.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2012, 08:15 AM
    Only she knows what "lines" she is drawing, but I will say, once a move is made to be more than friends, seldom can it go back. Also she may just need a friend, and hanging out and doing things together is also what friends do.

If you want to know what she wants or thinks, you will have to ask her.

Jan 2, 2012, 09:25 AM
    Thanks for the input and yeah, I understand that and am happy to be her friend and hang out. I will take her up on her offers and be a friend to her and try to forget the whole notion of anything more. I'm not an ******* and I'll treat her with a lot of respect. I'm tired of having pseudo gfs anyway as of late so am not that interested in a **** buddy.

I won't ask her about what she wants as I don't know either and its way too soon to know anything.

I just want to make her feel comfortable and not come across as a sleaze bag. Guess that's why she fired a warning shot at the start to say "I'm gonna let you in a bit so don't abuse it".

She's nice, we'll see. If there are no signs eventually then at least I may have found another good friend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2012, 05:22 PM
    As long as I have been around these forums, yours is one of the best attitudes I have seen. At least you recognize she is lonely, AND healing from a break up, yet are willing to make friends with no false hopes, or unrealistic expectations. You are cool, calm, and collected and under control, and I hope you both enjoy getting to know each other, and being friends.

That's keeping it real. KUDOS, and hats off.

Jan 2, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Thanks talaniman, I really appreciate your post. It´s taken a lot of experiences and situations over the years with friends and lovers to get to where I am today. There is still so much more to discover but feel for the first time that I have enough understanding of myself and the world around me to carve out a fuller and happier life. Learning to love without fear or controlling a desire fueled ego takes strength but then becoming who you are gets easier. Ha, I think I know what I mean:)

Happy new year! 2011 rip

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love interest [ 4 Answers ]

HI. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN DISCREETLY HAVE A FEMALE FRIEND TO TELL MY FOLKS THAT SHE IS 100% OVER HER EX. For the past while I have been exchanging calls and texts with a pretty female coworker at my previous bank job. I have recently switched branches. We are technically "friends" but with some...

Is she secure in my love or losing interest? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - we are in our 30s and have been dating for a year now. At present we live apart and see each other most weekends. The first year has been amazing. She has been very generous with her feelings and I have enjoyed lavishing her with affection. I take great pleasure in providing financially for...

Potential love interest or is he? [ 11 Answers ]

Not sure if I am posting to the right categorie, since it's my first time.. Here goes, I met this guy Jason at work. He was going through an expected divorce. We became friends, just hung out went to dinner, movies, etc. I was just a very supportive friend with no romantic feelings involved,...

Prison film with love interest [ 1 Answers ]

:) please can any help I saw a great film years ago and have been looking for it ever since. It was set in a male prison. A female dentist comes in to treat the inmates and falls in love with one. Then goes on to help his appeal. He was in because he killed his wife but says he returned...

Love interest [ 5 Answers ]

I had a girlfriend 3 years but we broke up since then I had some non serious relationship but to no avail I'm thinking to myself is it me or the rigfht card are not in place to have a serious relationship and also I'm use to fantasize on girl that I know and are quite beauty like I could have a...

View more questions Search