Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lourod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Snow blower not picking up snow
    I have a Noma 5.0 HP snow blower that is not working correctly. The shears are not turning and picking up the snow.

I've checked the shear pins, but they seem to be in good condition.

What else should I check?

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 12, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Check the belt and the belt tensioner. I'm guessing it is slipping and the tensioner should have some adjustment.
    lourod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 05:57 AM
    That was it.
    Thanks very much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ultra by murray snow blower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Looking for impeller for ultra murray model f2484020,code5212,ser002313337309 8hp,hmsk80, any help thank you greg

Snow thrower not throwing snow?! [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I shear one of the shear pins on my snow thrower tines I had replaced but the tines are not moving at all. (I hit a cement step while clearing the snow of a neighboard's driveway) Could some one let me know where I should start looking at? I don't want to disassemble more than I don't...

Snow Blower [ 2 Answers ]

Show me the snow blowers you sell

Snow blower [ 1 Answers ]

I got a new snow blower last year and used it once, worked great, this year it won't start. Primer is just pushing air, gas line is not bloked. I put I little gas in the spark plug cylinder and it fired up for a second. Gas is not going through the carb, is something stuck, what should I do. I did...

Snow blower shear pin [ 1 Answers ]

I broke a shear pin on my craftsman snow thrower. The head and retainer nut are sheared off properly but I don't know how to get the actual pin out of the shaft. Should I just use a small screwdriver and hammer and just knock it out? I have replacement pins.

View more questions Search