Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lvasatu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 05:56 AM
    Trane xr80: no heat - motor is running
    Troubleshooting says "restricted or plugged furnace condensation drain" - 1. Remove drain clamps 2. Flush or clean 3. Reinstall clamps.
    I could really use a diagram. I'm just not seeing it.
    jqiu1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2012, 08:42 AM
    I got a Trane XR80 installed in 2005. It started to have problems since January 2011. Sometimes I got heating while other times I got none. I searched the web and got information on how to read the error code. It is 4 flashes, i.e. the Limit Switch might report over heated somewhere. Then, I followed the instruction to change filter, clean up, etc. It worked for a while and stopped working this year.

Sometimes, I could still get heating for a while without any problem. So, I believe that it is not due to a real problem. It is rather a defective parts. The cheapest parts is the Limit Switch. So, I decided to replace it. I found on eBay the following parts:
    Trane 3" Limit Switch L145-30F C340056P15 SWT01277 sold by plasticnow for $12.00

After installed this Limit Switch yesterday, the heater works excellently. Now I have heating whenever I need it.
    mechcon Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
    The limit switch is a safety device. Why did it go bad if the furnace is running correctly the limit should never be used yours has been used so many times the limit failed. You need the look further into this to solve the real problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XR80 Blower Motor Struggles to Run [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Trane XR80. The gas comes on fine but the blower motor struggles to run. It starts a bit then quits. Other times it will run fine for a few minutes then starts to making a humming noise and then shuts down. The light blinks 4 times - Open Temperature Limit Circuit. Any ideas? It is...

Trane XL1200 why does outside fan motor stop running? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my outside air conditioning units fan runs then stops then runs again; is this normal? The house seems to be cooling fine.. I never noticed this before..

Trane XR80: Furnace fan keeps running [ 0 Answers ]

I have Trane XR 80 model gas heater. For last week or so, fan keeps running even after reaching the set temperature. Its switching off the heater but fan keeps running. Not sure how to debug this issue. I tried changing the thermostat but no change. I could'nt find the manual online for this...

What do I do about a Trane XR80 with the light flashing twice and providing no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XR80 that was installed new in the summer of 2004. Tonight it appears to not be functioning correctly for the first time. The error light is blinking twice, I have replaced the air filter, made sure the pilot is on and the gas valve is open. The unit appears to turn on and ignite...

Trane XR80 won't stay running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trane xr80 about 10 yrs old.It is a downflow gas furnace with a/c.The problem I am having is the furnace will fire right up the 1st time and work for any given amount of time, then it will in the middle of working fine stop heating and start the startup process all over again. It will go...

View more questions Search