Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doctordo42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 04:52 PM
    USB connection?
    Could you please tell me how to install USB connection in my computer (which is rather old). Thanks:confused:
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 12, 2007, 05:32 PM
    If the rather old computer has PCI slots, then you can simply buy a PCI USB adapter. Ensure the adapter you buy is compatible with the OS you are using, which at minimum is Windows 95 OSR2 which has USB support.

Assuming you are using at least Windows 95 with USB support, Install the software first, then shutdown the PC. Install the adapter, then reboot and the OS should pick up the drivers automatically.

If not, follow the instructions that came with the PCI USB adapter card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB Ports [ 7 Answers ]

I ger error messages when I plug a device into either port on my PC... Do I have to replace it? If so, is it difficult, and about how much should it cost?. I have very little experience with this type of thing. Thanks.

USB Device [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Western Digital external 160 gig Hd drive connected to my PC through a USB2 port. I'm running WinXP Home. For over a year the drive's been working fine. Recently for some unknown reason, the drive no longer appears in Windows under MY COMPUTER nor it is listed in the Windows Explorer so I...

USB - PS2 (p/s2) adapter [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a laptop with XP and a dancemat which I use with it by using a USB-PS2 adapter - effectively the dancemat is a keyboard. This works fine with an old adapter of a friend which has the words "AWG space shuttle-c CSA LL80671 AWM IIA/B 80 degrees c 30" written on the wire. I bought a new...

USB Adaptor in PS/2 Port [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Fujitsu laptop running Win 98SE and it does not have any USB ports. I have this adaptor that allows me to convert a PS/2 port into a USB port for plugging USB peripherals in. I've run hardware scans, restarted the computer, etc. and I can't get it to recognize the USB adaptor...

View more questions Search